Title: Performance Analyst
Reports To: Supervisor, Investment Operations
Department: Investment Accounting
Salary: $55,286.40 - $69,950.40
FLSA Status: Exempt
Number of Positions: 1
Posting Valid: 5/2/2013 - 5/16/13
SUMMARY: This position performs investment accounting duties with emphasis in performance report calculating and distributing composite statistics, performance reporting, and ensuring the integrity of data used for performance reporting.
1. Audits portfolio and investment fund performance.
2. Researches investment transactions on the investment accounting system.
3. Performs necessary investment performance reconciliations.
4. Balances records with various external sources (e.g. custodians, data providers and reporting vendors).
5. Serves as liaison between OPERS and any third-party performance provider.
6. Remains current on investment trends as they relate to the global markets and performance.
7. Prepares schedules for inclusion in annual reports
8. Acts as liaison between fund management and investment accounting groups.
9. Compiles and submits surveys, new account information, and custodial requests.
10. Maintains account, composite, and plan performance with third-party performance provider. Calculates and maintains OPERS monthly DC returns.
11. Serves as back up for all data, accounting and reporting functions.
12. Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED-Required
- Bachelors in related field - Required
- Master’s degree in related field - Preferred
- Logical thinking
- Flexibility with various functions
- Strong team and relationship building
- Professional communication – oral and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in accounting, finance or statistics - Required
- Background in Investments - Required
- Experience with global securities, derivatives, and investment reporting - Required
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills - Required
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- CIPM - Preferred
- CFA - Preferred
If repetitive physical movement is required to perform the essential functions of the position, please discuss with HR
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills and responsibilities required.
OPERS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard