GENERAL FUNCTION: Primary learning consultant for business client divisions where scope, scale and complexity is moderate to significant. Applies generalist expertise in Learning & Development to identify opportunities, strategies and solutions that are directly linked to organizational effectiveness. Designs and develops learning solutions that address business and performance needs and positively influence employee attitudes and commitment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SEE ACTUAL JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develops deep relationships with business and HR leaders.
* Works with Division Leaders and HR Business Partners to establish prioritized learning strategy annually and on-going learning initiatives and/or projects for an assigned division(s), without requiring previous LOB subject matter expertise.
* Attends all business initiative project meetings to ensure appropriate training requirements are identified.
* Proactively identifies and diagnoses strategic business issues, determines high-level performance improvement needs, and prioritizes learning projects based on client requirements; translates strategies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables.
* Conducts job analyses and task analyses for key jobs within assigned LOBs.
* Works with Sr. Performance Consulting Manager to secure funding and resources (SMEs) from client group as needed.
* Works with Sr. Performance Consulting Manager to approve professional fees project spend and prioritizes with LOB-funded projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May provide leadership for a divisionally aligned team of Performance Consultants and Instructional Designers. Responsible for: providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their top potential and developing the talent pool to ensure bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments. Recruits and selects "A" players for all key roles.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED: * Knows what levers to pull to affect change/performance; drives high-impact solutions with business, other work and HR partners. * Leverages expertise and tools in team and organization assessment, design, and development to influence changes in alignment, culture, structure, and roles. * Keeps it simple; makes complex concepts and processes practical & easy to understand. * Crisply articulates and demonstrates the business impact of learning solutions; demonstrates strength in measurement; works with others to evaluate the effectiveness of training, and takes action to implement improvements. * Is deeply grounded in the client's business (strategy, financials, drivers). * Demonstrates ability to expertly diagnose organization and performance needs, gaps and root causes; provides expert and candid advice and solutions. o Demonstrates ability to ask the tough questions; challenge others' thinking and push back to get to core business and/or true performance gap issues. * Contracts and sets clear expectations with clients about goals, roles, resources, costs, etc. * Builds credibility as a trusted business advisor through a balance of business acumen, learning expertise, objectivity and client relationship skills. * Identifies and addresses the concerns of others to overcome resistance, gain support and achieve results. * Communicates clearly and candidly; balances talking and listening to foster candid dialogue; crisply gets his/her point across; commands attention across multiple audiences. * Demonstrates applied knowledge of all aspects of learning: planning and analysis, instructional design and development, delivery, evaluation, and learning administration. * Demonstrates ability to identify learning solutions that are effective yet practical within the client's constraints. * Demonstrates command of interactive learning, defined as actively engaging a learner's cognitive curiosity. * Keeps up-to-date and knowledgeable about available technology and tools. * Demonstrates excellent writing skills that are easily adapted for various learning solution types. * BS or BA degree in business related field with 5+ years experience and progressive/increasing scope, preferably in a corporate training environment.
Fifth Third Bank - 17 months ago
Fifth Third Bank is The curious bank. We are one of the top-performing banks in the country with a more-than-150-year heritage of success...