Job Posting Title Performance Engineer Reference Code EXT-NB00002082-E-02 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Engineering Services Tasks The candidate’s work function would include the following:
Services shall include KPE EPC projects or external client stand alone work. Activities include:
Requirements The Performance Engineer will have 5-7 years experience in the power industry. The successful candidate will have working knowledge of Thermoflow and Gatecycle software tools, being able to demonstrate functional heat balance modeling in either or both. Employment Type Full-Time City Lenexa
- Create combined cycle thermal performance models using published or specific project OEM data.
- Create a suite of performance tools (incl historical comparables, checklists, workflows, training tools, etc.) that ensure a high quality product at the most efficient cost possible.
- Work with internal management to fully define design parameters, and modeling protocol.
- Compare vendor and client contracts to ensure continuity in performance guarantees and performance testing methods.
- Provide similar project comparables to proposed performance recommendations.
- Write test procedures including model runs to determine parameter sensitivities to be used for determination uncertainties and to assess risks.
- Perform data collection and analysis.
- Review model predictions vs actual measured plant performance to use for future models.
- 2 years ago - save job
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...