Medrio needs you to be our Performance Engineer, to design and implement sophisticated performance and scalability measurement studies. These studies will be conducted against new feature releases of Medrio's revolutionary SaaS eClinical software product line.
- Scope performance testing efforts, prioritize test cases, develop solid project milestones
- Design appropriately sized environments to generate load against the software under test
- Develop and review test plans, results analysis, capacity planning guides
- Automate test scenarios using C#, NUnit, or other coding and scripting languages
- Reproduce critical customer situations requiring special performance tests or simulations
- Construct specialized scenarios to measure product scalability, stability, and reliability against current, projected, and adverse real world conditions (Resulting data will be used to enhance performance and scalability of the product to help ensure our services are blazingly fast and bulletproof)
- Help consolidate, analyze, and present data in formal reports to further aid the teams responsible for monitoring, managing, and integrating the application in production. These formal reports could contain (but would not be limited to) capacity planning guides containing formulas, scenarios, and better practices
- 3-7+ years of relevant post-academic work experience
- 3+ years of benchmark testing, performance analysis, and measurement of technically challenging applications
- 2+ years software development experience
- Strong programming skills in C#, Java, C++, or C
- Strong understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Strong knowledge of HTTP load generation /measurement software (e.g. LoadRunner, JMeter, TestMaker, Silk Performer, Fiddler, Firebug, etc.)
- Ability to understand novel system architectures, pinpoint problem areas, and develop succinct prioritized test plans across multiple hardware and software tiers with little more than verbal conversation
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Working knowledge of Windows products such as Server 2008 R2, Hyper-V, and SQL Server
- Considered a "plus" if you are also familiar with: SQL Server Tuning, Clustering, Profiling, etc, Open Source Automation Frameworks (e.g. NUnit, JUnit, WatiN, etc, TCP/IP, networking topology, routers, switches, packet sniffers
At Medrio We Value:
We drink beer together on Thursdays. "Thursday beer stand-up" is an informal gathering with an open agenda where we talk about highlights and lowlights from the week. We also get together to bake cookies for our customers and have other informal but important ways to bond as a team.
We have a flywheel in our office to concretely symbolize the importance of maintaining momentum by providing great value to our existing customers.
Even though we now have more resources, we started by bootstrapping and believe that passion, perseverance and common sense provide the keys to success.
We have been profitable since 2010, and unlike some start-ups, we're never reliant on that next round of VC funding to make our decisions.
Medrio is a software company but also a health company. To reflect this, we have a wellness program that pays for gym memberships, massages, etc., and we provide healthy snacks at the office.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." (Thomas Edison). Medrio is a place where hard work and results are admired and rewarded.
Improving the world
"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." (Horace Mann). 20,000 people die a day from cancer, and more from other diseases, so come help Medrio do our part to improve health and save lives.
Medrio - 21 months ago