Sears Holding Corporation is seeking an experienced software performance engineer.
Our e-commerce platform is experiencing double digit growth and this engineer will be responsible for the performance aspects of SHC online – ensuring platform scalability, stability, performance testing and monitoring support. Hands on and willing to dive deep in driving deliverables, this position is critical to the expansion of Sears e-commerce.
Key Responsibility and Duties
• Proving direction of onsite and offshore performance engineers in all aspects of performance testing including providing technical leadership and coaching/mentoring team members as needed. Must have good interpersonal skills that can foster, demonstrate, and promote excellence in a team environment.
• Candidate must be able to provide technical designs and participate in design sessions, architecture reviews and troubleshooting as needed.
• Review product and technical roadmaps to understand staffing and technical needs for the performance team. Work closely with teams to propose testing solutions that both meet business requirements and build a supportable, maintainable technical infrastructure. Must have experience in developing, testing, scaling, monitoring and supporting high volume transaction processing applications.
• Effectively coordinate communications between cross-functional teams and resolve conflicts. Work with technical leads and architects to understand overall impacts to both upstream and downstream systems and provide support for performance evaluation of the systems.
• Collaborate with development, product and infrastructure teams and to define and enforce best practices and agreed upon standards, including coding conventions and standards, load testing strategies, and architectural designs.
• Work closely with architects to create list of issues and performance tasks for development group to implement.
• Lead in identifying and defining detailed performance critical use cases, test cases and test scripts as part of Workload Characterization.
• Collecting and analyzing performance monitoring data in test and production to provide end-to-end performance analysis from production or performance testing.
• Assist in test execution, compilation of test and monitoring results and related reporting.
• Lead or work with other performance engineers in compiling OS, DB, Storage, and - Network monitoring data as well as utilize diagnostic tools to investigate performance issues, determine root cause and provide tuning and improvement suggestions
• Must have experience in delivering technical solutions using both traditional and agile development methodologies. A strong technical background and ability to evaluate web, ecommerce application performance is required
• Minimum 3-4 years of hands-on expertise in building performance testing scripts/solutions using Load Runner and/or Soasta cloud test.
• Experience working with JAVA 1.5 and above, WCS7, XML, SOAP, AJAX, Web-services and other web technologies is required. Experience implementing web-based technologies is a must.
• Strong database knowledge in both DB2 and mySQL is required. Ideal candidate will have some data modeling/query optimization skills and understand alternatives for ensuring redundancy and scaling database infrastructures.
• Experience in APM tools like Dyna-trace, reporting monitoring frameworks like Graphite-dash, Java Performance analysis and CPU/memory profiling is preferable
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 23 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...