Are you ready to change the future? You have the opportunity to join the company that helped establish solar markets around the world and continues to innovate in the renewable energy space. SunPower has facilities in the US, Europe and Asia, and we are seeking talented people to join us in building a clean energy future.
Widely recognized as the world’s standard for solar, SunPower produces the world’s highest efficiency solar products. Our quality and reliability standards far exceed those of any other company in the industry.
SunPower and Total, the global energy producer and provider, have announced a transformational investment by Total in SunPower. The companies have signed a set of strategic agreements to accelerate SunPower’s growth in the increasingly competitive solar sector. Total’s investment is based on SunPower’s leading position in designing, manufacturing and delivering the world’s highest efficiency, highest reliability solar systems with guaranteed performance. These agreements will accelerate SunPower’s growth and further improve its financial strength.
SunPower is committed to the success of our company, our employees and the communities around the world that need us most. We support our employees’ commitment to their communities through a culture of volunteerism, and through The SunPower Foundation, which makes grants to green initiatives throughout the world. As a company, we operate with the highest sustainability standards.
In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a bright and motivated performance engineer to characterize and optimize cell, module, and system performance for the C7 Tracker. The Performance Engineer reports to the C7 Electrical Systems Manager and will be responsible for developing predictive energy production models, studying loss mechanisms, and identifying opportunities for design enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Designing and executing experiments to evaluate the performance of ground mount photovoltaic technologies (particularly the C7 Tracker)
Developing systems to acquire electrical data from PV modules and systems
Performing in-field testing at test sites throughout the country
Developing and utilizing predictive models for performance evaluations
Performing detailed analyses of large datasets
Communicating results, conclusions, and recommendations to peers and management
Collaborating in brainstorming sessions for product improvements
Developing new innovative techniques to characterize devices and optics
Working with multidisciplinary teams to solve technical problems
30% travel required
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field
- Experience with AC and DC power systems
- Competency in other technical fields: thermodynamics, structures, communication systems, optics, materials
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated history of creative problem solving
- Capability to work with little supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in meetings and written reports
- Master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or a related field
- 2+ years experience in the solar industry
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and test reports
- Experience writing and using LabVIEW instrument control applications
- Experience using a variety of data analysis tools (e.g., Matlab, Excel, Python)
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly in a new field
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is SunPower’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. SunPower disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age, religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws.
SunPower Corporation - 17 months ago