Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is looking for a Performance Excellence Manager to join their corporate PE team in Lakeville, MA.
Performance Excellence Manager supports activities to meet and exceed targeted metrics with the basic premise of offsetting cost growth with cost productivity initiatives. Standardization/sustainability of best practices and processes, and institutionalize/drive implementation of continuous improvement methods and tools are core responsibilities of the position. Position requires extensive knowledge of core areas within Operations (Production, Finance, Quality, Planning, etc.).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Actively leads, facilitates and monitors the implementation of process improvement initiatives across Ocean Spray cooperative.
2. Implementation of continuous improvement tools, i.e., Six Sigma and Principles of Lean Manufacturing, Visual Factory Management, Focus-Improve methodology, etc. (facilitate training, qualitative monitoring of use) to achieve financial and customer benefits of best practices.
3. Analyze processes using established continuous improvement techniques (statistical analyses, tak time studies, DOE) to optimize performance.
4. Score keeping for process improvement related initiatives. Development and defining of metrics that drive productivity improvement and reductions in waste.
5. Establishes processes, benchmarks, tracking systems, timelines, and procedures for implementation of best practices.
6. Enforces accountability with all functional groups for implementation of best practices and high performing factory initiatives.
7. Develops and sustains a continuous improvement culture in the organization.
8. Actively participates in a continuous improvement network to share best practices.
9 Communicates progress and results as required, insuring an on-going training discipline to maintain improvements.
10. Ensure all financial, operational and customer improvements are realized and sustained.
11. Collaborate with leadership teams and project champions/process owners to identify improvement opportunities and establish project goals, strategies and priorities.
12. Support Strategic Imperatives with activities that facilitate the successful execution of the AOP/Pool Year Plan.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
• Requires Six Sigma Black Belt certification with a minimum five (5) year’s experience in Food/Beverage/ Pharmaceutical or related industry as Supervisor/Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Food Science
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Access database functions and familiarity with Minitab or other statistical analysis software a plus
• Ability to manage multiple projects and Kaizen events simultaneously
• Good communications skills, written and verbal
• Good facilitation/training skills
• Effective change agent skills
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Solid statistical, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills through effective influencing and challenging an organization
• Successful project management skills
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 4 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...