Under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Manager, provides technical, analytic and facilitation support for AlohaCare’s quality and performance improvement initiatives.
Performs general project coordination functions, facilitates performance improvement projects and teams, supports Executive Council members, department managers and leads in identifying and overcoming barriers, analyzes results, and ensures that progress is made in fulfilling AlohaCare’s performance improvement goals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Required Licensure / Certification / Education:
- Participates in the development and monitoring of quality and performance improvement activities through:
- Facilitating Performance Improvement Teams to assure successful completion of initiatives
- Assisting with flowcharting processes and workflows; conducting barrier/root cause analysis; and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Assisting with the design and preparation of activity reports for submission to internal committees and external parties per specified reporting requirements and frequency
- Reviewing reports and analyzing performance data, such as member and provider complaints, grievances, appeals, and satisfaction data, and suggesting and implementing quality improvement activities based on these analyses
- Developing training materials for AlohaCare staff pertaining to the Quality and Performance Improvement Program
- Assisting with processes to assure continuous compliance with accreditation standards
- Assists with development and training in standards, policies, procedures, programs, resources, etc. related to AlohaCare’s quality improvement activities for internal staff, providers, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates aspects of external quality improvement initiatives, including support of pilot programs, which includes activities such as (but not limited to):
- Organizing meetings involving all participants and contracted consultants, including collection and/or development of all meeting materials, and ensuring the sessions include opportunities to improve dialogue among the participants
- Maintaining all documents and contracts relating to the programs
- Assisting participants in writing, editing, and facilitating analytical support for the programs.
- Scheduling and conducting site visits to participants to offer support, obtain updates, and assisting in managing the outcomes and results of the program.
- Facilitates organizational compliance with accreditation standards, particularly those related to quality improvement
- Performs other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Preferred Competencies and Qualifications:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Intermediate computer PC skills, including the use of Microsoft Office software required.
- Experience with use of quality improvement tools, such as flowcharts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams, brainstorming, control charts and other data display techniques
- Experience in use of performance improvement methodologies, such as PDSA or Six Sigma
- Ability to facilitate multidisciplinary performance improvement teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact effectively with health care providers, internal and external auditors, sub-contractors, and all levels of internal staff required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision required.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task required.
- Health Care and/or Managed Care background, with experience with HMO accreditation (URAC or NCQA) preferred.
AlohaCare - 7 months ago