- Investigates and develops performance improvement charter.
- Lead small performance improvement teams on routine problems.
- Facilitates small (2-10 people) group meetings and workshops around basic business problems & topics.
- Engages in straight talk with team members to surface project level risks.
- Assists in the execution of kaizen workshops.
- Assists in the baseline of process performance to identify the improvement opportunities needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Define and implement standard work for a process and successfully reduce process complexity and eliminate waste using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated history of leading teams on the resolution of routine business problems following a disciplined approach.
- Solid understanding and effective utilization of basic meeting facilitation tools and techniques, and ie.,Kaizen, Work Out, Blitz…
- Solid understanding of basic continuous improvement tools and techniques including, 9 TQ tools, 7 management tools, & root cause and corrective action.
- Solid understanding of basic project management tools and techniques including, Charter, business case, WBS, tree diagrams, milestone performance reporting, gant chart, etc.
- Understands and uses Microsoft project, excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Minitab.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Business or related field
- Experience in services and/or IT organization and understanding of technology and work processes associated with disaster recovery, recovery services, business continuity, etc. in a technology vendor agnostic environment
- At least 2-3 years of operations, IT performance improvement or project management experience.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB); or Certified Six Sigma Greenbelt (CSSGB) or Project Management Professional (PMP), or willingness to obtain within 1 year of assignment to the position.
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...