Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Performance Management Analyst (IT) located in Bellaire, TX through March 28, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Performance Management Team designs and delivers products that monitor and analyze server and application performance. These products are deployed across the Chevron enterprise, to track availability, proactively identify server operational issues and to improve reliability of our server environment. Our team is in the process of deploying Microsoft's System Center Operations Manager product. This position is being posted to ensure Chevron is appropriately staffed to sustain and enhance the product now and in the future.
The person filling this position would:
• Have an expert level of technical knowledge in the architecture, design, build, test, deployment and support of Microsoft's System Center Operations Manager product with a minimum of 3 years experience in a large corporate environment with several domains, 5,000+ managed clients and automated processes. Also, a minimum of 7-10 years experience required in the field of managing performance monitoring systems.
• Be responsible for performing design activities for SCOM process components that include: client provisioning, monitoring, maintenance, incident management, problem management and capacity management. They will be expected to review and look for ways to improve these processes.
• Engage Chevron business units to understand the business partner's system monitoring requirements. They'll be expected coordinate with other SCOM support team members to assess feasibility and then develop an action plan for addressing those requirements.
• Provide general (indirect) oversight to our internal operations support team and acts as a level 3 SME when issues are escalated
The Performance Management Analyst must also have the ability to work from a high to low level of detail, have efficient and effective problem resolution and systems troubleshooting abilities, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, company leadership, managers, subject matter experts and system users.
Additional skill requirements:
1. Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following IT competencies: Windows Server, IIS, JAVA, Apache, Oracle, TCP/IP, DNS and related communication/connectivity issues.
2. Basic understanding of the following: Active Directory, PKI, Network WAN/LAN architecture.
3. Analyze problems, develop creative solutions and assess risks/benefits. Also, direct or indirect troubleshooting of hardware and application failures, developing strategies for resolving them and preventing future occurrences.
4. Document supported system and application procedures.
5. Keep abreast of both technology changes and Chevron operating environment changes to assess potential impact to supported systems and application infrastructures. Proactively look for opportunities to improve service and/or reduce costs.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...