The Performance Manager will have direct accountability for the financial and operational performance of the US Aggregates plants. The Performance Manager ensures that each plant is optimized from a cost and performance metric standpoint and is responsible for identification of Best Practices, maximizing KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), PER (Performance Efficiency Reviews), Action Planning, and deliver of Excellence Cost Savings. The Performance Manager will work closely with the Market Area Operations Managers and Plant Managers to achieve cost optimization and additional ensure all assets are properly maintained. The Performance Manager will be a key contributor in the yearly Manufacturing Business Cycle Processes: examples include – Operations Plan, Performance Plan and Budget. The Performance Manager will interact, coordinate and engage other members of the Manufacturing Team to facilitate operational improvements in the plants. The Performance Manager will lead key Lafarge Divisional Initiatives, including Rock Module Training (Active Management techniques), Empty Running Metric, and all Rock Module implementation priorities. The Performance Manager is required to have exceptional technical knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills to influence and affect positive change at a site and market area level.
1. Health and Safety: Ensures that employees, equipment and processes meet or exceed the MSHA, OSHA and Lafarge guidelines. Actively engage key management personnel to promote a culture of safety that is best in class with an objective of “zero” injuries or incidents. Actively engages with the workforce to reinforce safe behaviors.
2. Environment: Establishes the environment as a priority in his/her area of responsibility. Ensures local, state and federal regulations are met or exceeded by following Lafarge best practices and conditions of the site’s permits.
3. Operations Management: Provides direct oversight in the stripping, drilling/blasting, extraction, ventilation, processing, storage, and shipping of aggregates at the site level. Develops best practices, processes and tools to ensure plant activities are optimized and costs are best in class. Effectively utilizes Lafarge’s maintenance programs to ensure the proper scheduling of activities.
4. Performance Management: Promotes a culture of performance. Effectively utilizes KPIs and Performance Efficiency Reviews to implement actions, establish goals, track performance and continuously improve the operations.
5. Quality: Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers. Utilizes best practices in extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation and re-handling to ensure product remains within target specifications as it is received by our customers.
6. Planning: Develops daily schedules, weekly operational plans, and schedules work with managers for the plant to continuously improve productivity, maintain low costs, and ensure high efficiency of equipment usage.
7. Plant Image: Communicates and ensures execution of standard guidelines for plant image. Plant image includes housekeeping, parts storage, vehicles and equipment condition (cleanliness and appearance), entrance, property, and buildings.
8. Internal and External Customer Focus: Interacts with on-site customers and the Plant Manager to ensure their expectations for quality and quantity of material are met.
9. Delivering Results: Deliver operational costs actions and achieve Cash/EBITDA targeted ambitions.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
§ Reports to US VP of Manufacturing
§ Works directly with key stakeholders (Plant Managers, Operations Managers)
§ Works closely with other functional teams (Safety, Manufacturing, Environmental, HR and Finance)
§ Cost Optimization of all US Aggregate sites (Excellence Savings)
§ Responsible for the delivery of action plan cost savings objectives (defined in Performance Plan)
§ Responsible for the delivery of operational performance metrics (defined in Performance Plan)
§ 50M+ Tons of aggregate production
§ 65 operating sites
Education & Work Experience:
§ A minimum of 10 years relevant surface and/or underground mining experience
§ Basic Knowledge of underground mining methods is preferred, not required
§ An undergraduate degree in mining or engineering is preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
§ Strong supervisory and people skills
§ Problem solving and analytical skills
§ Disciplined and process oriented
§ Knowledge of underground and surface mining, crushing, and screening principles
§ Must be familiar with state and federal mining regulations as well as material specifications
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
§ Command Skills
§ Team Building Skills
§ Drive for Results
§ Functional/Technical Skills
§ Managing and Measuring Work
§ Problem Solving
§ Process Management
Lafarge North America works to be the foundation of buildings, roads, and bridges across US and Canada. As North America's largest...