The Performance infrastructure team lead works within the performance team and supports the performance team in Managing and Maintaining Servers, Data and provides subject matter expertise in analyzing data and performing root cause analysis for the application performance team.
In this role, the performance infrastructure team lead will be responsible for the installation and configuration of the package under test and its data. The performance infrastructure lead will ensure that all servers will be in optimal operating condition during the course of the test run for packages and its applications. The team lead works closely with management on departmental issues, with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making within defined guidelines.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements hardware usage plans policies, and procedures for allocating, backing up and maintaining all hardware;
- Ensures that all required resources for a test run and relevant data is provided to the Application test team;
- Manages, hardware images, VMware snapshots and data backups;
- Identify needs for test harnesses, write requirements for the harness & follow up with development to build the harness;
- Manage all harnesses required for the test run and ensures they run per requirements;
- Manage and maintain all storage & server hardware;
- Manage all package team software including installation and configuration;
- Coordinate with development teams & ensure that required data is populated in the database as defined for the package ;
- Manage all non-LoadRunner related tests for packages such as nightly runs, maintenance runs, etc.;
- Manage and maintain project plans;
- Analyze and resolve software development issues and needs in terms of the software's full defect life cycle;
- Resolve issues and contributes to the business unit/area development;
- Assist with management decisions and activities and supervise the work of individual contributors;
- Participate in weekly team meetings and provide regular project updates via status reports ;
- Ensure timely escalation of issues to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent education and experience;
- 8+ years of experience with performance tools such as Load Runner, Grinder, LoadUI, JMeter etc;.
- 8+ years’ performance analysis and troubleshooting at CPU, memory, Disk and Network layers;
- 3+ years of Application server experience (for example IIS, Weblogic, Websphere, JBoss,Tomcat);
- 5 years of hardware and data management;
- 3+ years of working knowledge of databases and must have the ability to backup and restore large sets of data and capable of working with extremely large data sets
- 3+ years’ experience in similar function and role preferably in a team lead or supervisor capacity;
- Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks across team boundaries and/or geographically dispersed teams;
- Excellent organization, time management, and project leadership skills;
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines while managing tasks across multiple projects;
- Ability to perform root cause analysis of technology & product issues;
- Ability to operate at a high level in a matrix environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, Verint Systems Inc. prides itself in providing employees with a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. This means we are committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to one’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, training, leave of absence or termination.
Verint Systems Inc. - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard