Job Summary/Basic Function:
Oversee the events and performances at the Performing Arts Center ( PAC ) at Lee College; foster long term relationships with community organizations and be a resource for the Visual & Performing Arts ( VPA ) faculty and staff, as well as other college staff. Supervise Box Office Specialist and technical crews. Work closely with the Technical Theater Instructor/Tech coordinator to provide workplace experiences and internships for Lee College students. Book commercial acts and assist with the college-related performances. Maintain reports and financial records of the PAC , including audience surveys.
Essential job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and collaborate with VPA faculty and non-credit faculty regarding PAC events and instructional activities.
- Manage the Lee College Performing Arts Center’s calendar, including the scheduling of college performances, community and business rentals, special events, and community groups.
- Supervise the Box Office Specialist and student worker.
- Conduct community outreach including working with community organizations such as Baytown Little Theater, the BSO , and the City of Baytown; coordinate school districts’ student field trips and UIL competition; and provide oversight and organization of rental client events.
- Facilitate advisory committee meetings.
- Actively develop relationships and seek contributions and sponsorships of PAC programs and administer the donor recognition program.
- Research, develop, and book seasons of performances; coordinate programming and contract negotiations.
- Develop a budget for each performance event and an annual budget for the PAC .
- Conduct evaluation and assessment activities, and submit quarterly reports detailing attendance, audience feedback, fundraising results, and the diversity of performances and events to the Vice President of Learning.
- Review all performance contracts for:
- Musical, theatrical and other artists
- Special and corporate events
- In partnership with the College Relations Department, develop and manage complete marketing program, including:
- media sponsor agreements,
- advertising and electronic promotions
- media representation
- website postings
- print materials
- Serve as primary contact for all PAC rentals, from initial inquiries through final invoicing.
- Serve as primary contact for all facility issues with the performance hall and its systems.
- Represent Lee College Performing Arts Center in the community.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with new Technical Theater Director to recruit students to work in shows and assist in the training of the students on the PAC equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field that complements the role, e.g. fine arts, business, marketing, resource development, public relations, and/or related area.
- Four (4) years of theater management experience.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Lee College - 18 months ago