This position is part-time. To be the liaison between Partnership Healthplan and its providers, Provide case management assistance to the PHC perinatal care coordination program/team, and to implement PHC strategies to improve high risk perinatal outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide case management support to the Perinatal Enrollment Specialist, to both on-site and off-site staff.
- Serve as part of the Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) Team to conduct outreach, and inform eligible women about the program.
- Give consultation and technical assistance to Providers.
- Conduct outreach efforts to identify pregnant women requiring perinatal case management.
- Assist in the facilitation of potential members obtaining Medi-Cal certification and early entry into perinatal care.
- Conduct care coordination program trainings to all Ob/GYN Providers, annually.
- Assists with marketing PHC perinatal services to members, providers and community agencies.
- Attends community meetings and serves on committees that address perinatal issues.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with community resources and service agencies.
- Assists in the expansion of the scope of services in the perinatal case coordination program.
- Update members and providers regarding perinatal case management services through quarterly newsletters and provider trainings.
- Maintain case files for members in the program and assists with development of outcome reports.
- Develop and update program forms, form letters and education materials.
- Develop Power Point presentations for PHC staff and providers.
- Conduct provider site visits, annually
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in and leads special projects and assignments as required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Social Services, nursing or other related health field; minimum two (2) years perinatal case experience management and supervision of outreach workers; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience or education in the area of Public Health preferred.
Special Skills, Licenses and Certifications
Knowledge of women’s health services and Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) guidelines. Valid California driver’s license. Knowledge of business practices and protocols with ability to access data and information using automated systems. Bi-lingual skills in Spanish helpful.
Performance Based Competencies
Strong, effective Public Speaking, oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work with Healthcare Providers, provider staff and community leaders in low income populations. Ability to work with ethnically and culturally diverse populations. Ability to organize, promote, and conduct public meetings and educational sessions. Ability to maintain positive, cooperative relationships with the community, professional groups, public officials and agencies.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and maintain courtesy and composure when dealing with internal and external customers. Ability to prioritize work load and initiate action to acquire needed information from professionals by phone. Ability to function effectively with frequent interruptions and directions from multiple team members. Standard cubicle work station with a shared common area. Use of telephone, fax, computer and photo-copying machine is required. Must be able to lift, move or carry objects of varying size weighing up to 35 lbs. Must be able to operate a vehicle used for company business. Ability to travel.
All Healthplan employees are expected to:
- Provide the highest possible level of service to clients;
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort among employees;
- Maintain safe practices; and
- Abide by the Healthplan’s policies and procedures as they may from time to time be updated.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or work environment change.
Partnership HealthPlan of California - 10 months ago