Applies advanced knowledge of obstetrical, medical and surgical complications of pregnancy and newborn adaptation to admit, diagnose, consult and/or treat patients with medical complications such as maternal cardiac, pulmonary, metabolic, and connective tissue disorders, as well as fetal malformations, conditions or disease.
The Perinatologist may utilize advanced ultrasound skills and training on a regular basis.
Education and Formal training:
- Graduate of four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or equivalent.
- Must have completed an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)/AOA-accredited residency training program in obstetrics and gynecology, followed by completion of an approved Maternal-fetal medicine fellowship program.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable state
- Active member in good standing of Hospital Medical Staff
- Certification by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) or the American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (AOBOG) preferred
- Must have provided Maternal-fetal medicine inpatient or consultative services for at least 50 patients in the past twelve months
- Demonstrated competency with advanced OB ultrasound, to include evaluation and interpretation of diagnostic OB ultrasound examinations
Legacy Health System - 22 months ago
Legacy Health System strives to create a legacy of positive health in the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area. A not-for-profit provider of...