We are looking for a Perl Application Devloper to work as part of the Electronic Commerce Gateway (ECG) team. The individual will be responsible for developing functionality that will support the business goals of moving data securely between internal and external partners. ECG currently processes over 100,000 files daily in a highly available system.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Developing pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Lead development team to achieve key business objectives
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions. Ability to solve complex production issues
- Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Will be expected to function as a mentor for junior developers, providing assistance where needed
- Will be expected to handle smaller projects completely on their own, including interactions with other teams and 3rd parties for design and architecture
- Involvement with senior management in terms of supplying input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
- As a requirement of UHGâ€™s contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 NAC form SF86. Successful completion of the NAC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role.
- US Citizen
- 5 or more years of experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- 5 or more years of relational database experience
- 2 or more yearsâ€™ Experience with Agile methodology
- 3 or more yearsâ€™ Experience with Perl
- 2 or more yearsâ€™ experience with JAVA
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
- Experience writing and executing functional specifications
- Understand IT operational policies and security requirements
- Understanding of networks, scheduling systems, monitoring systems and problem tracking systems
- Understanding transactional processing in a high availability service
- Healthcare Industry experience Managed File Transfer
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 12 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...