Stevens Capital Management L.P. ("SCM") is a registered investment adviser responsible for the overall portfolio management and trading of a $3 billion multi-strategy hedge fund with a lengthy track record of generating outstanding returns. SCM pursues a wide variety of investing and trading opportunities in virtually all of the world’s liquid financial markets. Located in suburban Philadelphia and employing approximately 75 professionals, we seek a talented and motivated individual for the following position:
Join a team of financial software specialists responsible for the acquisition and management of financial and market data required for the trading and research activities of the Fund. Responsibilities include the development and maintenance of software systems ranging from interpretation of intraday tick data to design of systems to support fundamental financial analysis of company data. Much of the work has a time critical aspect to it and demands a continual focus on ensuring integrity and accuracy of the information.
Requirements of the Candidate include:
- Develop, enhance and support critical financial applications.
- Develop applications to organize, store, update and disseminate global market data.
- Software architecture and design issues for the database team; tool building.
- Troubleshooting issues and ensuring optimal data access across the platform.
- Work with complex financial market information.
- Rapid application development in a fast paced environment.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- High value experience in a good cross section of the languages below in a client/server environment.
- Strong application development skills in Perl & SQL.
- Previous experience in C++ and Shell, Potential QT.
- K nowledge of Sybase or equivalent RDBMS experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the LINUX programming environment.
- Experience with financial data sets or knowledge of financial markets a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.