Stevens Capital Management L.P. ("SCM") is a registered investment adviser responsible for the overall portfolio management and trading of a $3.3 billion multi-strategy hedge fund with a lengthy track record of generating outstanding returns. SCM pursues a wide variety of investing and trading opportunities in virtually all of the world’s liquid financial markets. Located in suburban Philadelphia and employing approximately 75 professionals, we seek a talented and motivated individual for the following position:
Perl Programmer: Be part of our dynamic team of financial data developers that are responsible for supplying financial market data to support the trading and research for the Fund. The successful applicant will join a team with responsibilities to include creation and ownership of data systems that span from the management and interpretation of intraday tick data to relational design of systems to support fundamental company data. You will be managing systems capturing time critical information from external resources to intelligent systems to manage resource risk to internal systems. The data group is responsible for supply and management of the bulk of information requirements and resources for the firm.Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop, enhance and support critical financial applications.
- Develop applications to organize, store, update and disseminate global market data.
- Software architecture and design issues for the database team; tool building.
- Troubleshooting issues and ensuring optimal data access across the platform.
- Work with complex financial market information.
- Rapid application development in a fast paced environment.
Website for more information:
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- High value experience in a good cross section of the languages below in a client/server environment.
- Strong application development skills in Perl & SQL.
- Previous experience in C++ and Shell, Potential QT.
- Knowledge of Sybase or equivalent RDBMS experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the LINUX programming environment.
- Experience with financial data sets or knowledge of financial markets a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.