The Perl Developer will be part of our solutions development team building the next generation integrated control panel. This team has high visibility in the division and is important for our ongoing success. The control panel will support cPanel, our billing system, management of VPS and Dedicated servers with root access and integration with third party tools. You will be one of the core developers who will help deliver on the product vision.
• Talented Perl programmer – You have been around the block a few times and are comfortable using Perl to make web apps work.
• Object Oriented Perl – You think Perl is more than "just a scripting language" and know how to make it do things others can’t. Plus you understand how Perl’s object orientation differs from other languages such as C# and Java.
• SQL Database Expertise – Our platform is built on MySQL. A SQL background is extremely valuable to the success of this project.
• Web Experience – You are familiar with how the web works, and can hit the ground running writing web applications and tools. You are able to develop both for the front end as well as the back end.
• Open source world – You have lived in open source code for most or a good part of your career and are not a fan of the commercial software world. For example, you have no problem using Vim or Emacs as your “IDE” for Perl.
• Team Player – You work well as part of a team, and are willing to take direction, but can be trusted to get things done on your own.
• Hard Working – Once you get your bearings, you are heads-down and tenacious in completing assigned projects
• At least 5 years experience as an object oriented Perl
• Must be competent developing Web applications using HTML, CSS and JS
• Must be competent with SQL
• Must be knowledgeable with Linux and basic system administration
• Ability to stay on task, solve problems, and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
• Able to work well with other team members
• MUST BE QUALIFIED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
Website for more information:
perl.org - 17 months ago