Internal Audit is looking to recruit a Personal Assistant to support the Audit Director and also provide some administrative support to the Internal Audit function.
• Daily management and co-ordination of calendar for the Audit Director as requested, anticipating materials and papers needed for meetings and proactively managing potential issues in location / timings / travel arrangements.
• Where required, review of Audit Director email inbox to screen out unwanted emails and respond to simple requests and requirements.
• Schedule meetings and teleconferences as required, booking rooms as appropriate including associated requirements e.g. equipment and availabilities (room and personnel).
• Organise travel and logistics arrangements and prepare itineraries.
• Preparation of expenses for approval and management of invoices.
• Update the Travel Calendar for Audit Director whereabouts.
• Provide cross team support when needed.
• Assist with creating reports and presentations.
• High school degree or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
• Experience in a previous Personal or Executive Assistant role with similar responsibilities for senior management.
• Proven track record of experience in administrative/support roles.
• Skillful application of all Microsoft Office Programmes: Outlook, Access, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work under pressure in a team environment, working together to balance workloads and priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills.
• Discretion when dealing with confidential issues.
• Strong follow through and completion of assigned tasks.
• Positive attitude / Can do attitude – a “service mentality”, keen to help out to free others up.
• Flexibility – can handle a wide variety of responsibilities and take the initiative to manage tasks independently.
• Team player – ability to effectively communicate with
individuals both within BP and externally.
• Must be able to work efficiently, independently, anticipate
requirements, prioritise own workload and take initiative.
Other essential skills and knowledge
• High level of computer literacy
Desirable criteria & qualifications
• Associates degree or equivalent
• Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in the face of changing priorities.
• Ability to assess and anticipate the requirements of the team.
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The purpose of the Internal Audit function is to examine whether the Group is operating as intended by our SIC and to provide independent audit opinions to Executive leadership, the Group Chief Executive and ultimately the BP Board.
Internal Audit provides a unique development opportunity for staff looking to understand how the Group works as a whole from the Board to the customer. Our work covers all aspects of governance including the underlying values, standards, processes and risks that shape our business operations and decisions. Internal Audit staff have the opportunity to work across BP segments on a range of topics of Group significance and can expect exposure to senior Segment, Functional, and Regional management.
The Internal Audit function is headed at the GVP level by the General Auditor and at operational level by the Directors of Audit who are responsible for the audit activities in specific areas of the company's business. Audit staff are located in key sites around the globe, including Sunbury (UK), Houston (US) and Singapore. Internal Audit also has a BackOffice team, based in Sunbury that develops and operates the management processes and tools required to build Functional Excellence.
If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.
Corporate & Functions
BP - 17 months ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...