Job Summary :
The Personal Care Assistant reports directly to the Day Program Supervisor and is responsible for providing quality service to all day program consumers in teaching, counseling, utilizing process of assessment, planning, intervention, training, implementation and evaluation and effectively interacts with clients, and significant others.
Job Requirements :
- All offers are contingent upon passing a background check, physical and a TB test or chest x-ray.
- Must have a current driver’s license
- Must have current Car Registration and Car Insurance
- Have some experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
- Participate in the development of the individual program plan.
- Provide training as outlined in the individual program plan.
- Implement program curricula.
- Participate in consumer assessment, planning, and evaluation processes.
- Report special incidents to supervisor and suspected resident abuse according to applicable laws and regulations.
- Directly deliver individual and group learning experiences to assist each consumer served in obtaining his/her IPP objectives for which this program is responsible.
- Implement approved emergency procedures in the event of a fire, earthquake or other natural disaster.
- Communicate on a regular basis with day programs and other services providers and agencies, as needed.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in continuing education and trainings.
- Maintain data regarding consumer progress.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Picks up/drop off consumer from/to their home/facility (if necessary). Facilitate their departure and arrival for work or daily community integration activities.
- Teaches mobility training, work and community skills as written in goals for consumer as per program standards.
- Will instruct consumer in proper behavior on the job and in the community.
- Will treat consumer as adults with respect and dignity.
- Are to be engaged in meaningful activities while out/ in community integration.
- All reports (Daily Activity Log, Task analysis, etc…) are to be documented and turned in when due. They are not to be late. They are to be on time, complete and accurate. Maintain data regarding consumer progress.
- To perform other related duties and assignments as required
Salary: $8 - $12 Hourly DOE
Work Schedule: Varied schedules
Part / Full Time
People's Care, Inc. - 12 months ago