Under minimum supervision of the Bank Sales Manager, this position provides a full range of banking services to individual customers, with emphasis on personal financial counseling, lending and customer service. Meets with customers to discuss personal financial needs and recommends ways in which the bank can serve those needs. Responsibilities include opening new consumer or business deposit accounts, cross-selling bank products and services, reviewing credit history, procesing consumer loans and conducting other retail banking services. Identifies prospects both internally and externally to generate additional full service and profitable relationships. Regularly reviews account relationships and contacts clients to further deepen the scope and profitability of the overall relationship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages a portfolio of assigned bank customers to strengthen their relationship with Anchor Bank in conjunction with Bank Manager.
· Responsible for a high level of ongoing service with existing clients to identify and expand the number of services the Bank provides.
· Generates new consumer loans that are small and less complex in nature in terms of dollar volume, size, customers and fee income.
· Effectively develops banking relationships with new and existing customers:
o Opens new consumer and small business accounts including checking, savings, certificates of deposit, individual retirement accounts.
o Provides consumer lending services: interviews customers, accepts applications, submits loans to CLU, closes loans with appropriate documentation, and conducts loan follow-up and collection if necessary.
o Identifies prospects both internally and externally to generate additional full service and profitable relationships.
o Cross-sells bank products and services to achieve established bank and organizational goals.
· Manages small business banking relationships in conjunction with the business bankers.
· Collects or arranges for collection of delinquent consumer loans and overdrafts.
· Reviews credits and develops action plans for distressed consumer loans.
· Performs and manages various customer requests such as safe deposit boxes, ATM and debit cards, credit cards, notary and signature guarantee services and check approvals.
· Effectively responds to customer inquiries, either by telephone or in person, regarding account status or error resolution.
· Makes outbound calls to customers and prospects to promote bank products and services.
· Performs wire transfers and stop payments upon customer request.
· Is involved in community organizations and represents Anchor Bank throughout the community in appropriate community events.
· Attends training seminars to enhance professional expertise.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Bank Sales Manager.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor degree in business, finance or related field preferred.
· 3-5 years of consumer/retail banking experience.
· At least one year of consumer lending experience.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
· Ability to present information to groups or individuals in a confident and professional manner.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission and percentages.
Other Skills and Abilities
· Ability to prioritize workload and complete tasks in a timely manner.
· Strong sales skills.
· Ability to work effectively under deadlines and pressure.
· Promotes and maintains a high standard of quality at work.
· Reliable and behaves in an ethical and honest manner when dealing with co-workers, managers and customers.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all bank records and customer transactions.
· Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision.
SAFE Act Requirements
· Must be eligible for and meet Anchor Bank’s requirement for SAFE Act registration.
Anchor Bank is an EEO/AA employer.
Anchor Bancorp, Inc. - 2 years ago