Summary: Completes transactions; verifies appropriateness of documents; performs vault duties and opening of new accounts; provides assistance to customers; utilizes sales, referral and customer services skills to ensure needs are met. Develops good customer relations to generate and solicit new business; cross-sells bank deposit products and service; collects appropriate fees due to the bank for services rendered.
Requires high school degree or equivalent and have one to two years previous experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; and must be knowledgeable of related federal and state banking regulations
- Maintains excellent customer service which includes prompt acknowledgment of customer, friendly and courteous disposition, customer satisfaction on transaction requests, and professional image.
- Contributes to quality efforts at the bank, and contributes to teamwork by providing support in financial center and throughout the organization.
- Opens new accounts and assists customers with banking needs. Cross-sells bank products or services to existing and potential customers through in-person sales sessions as well as by phone, written correspondence and external sales calls and refers customers to appropriate staff, when necessary.
- Informs customers of bank products and service features and benefits; sells products and services based on customers’ need; and refers customers to appropriate staff or Team of Experts, when necessary.
- May assist with more complex transactions or accept loan, credit card, or similar type payments.
- Approves and assists other Personal Bankers in completing non-routine transactions.
- Follows regulations and security procedures; completes necessary documents; and maintains confidentiality.
- Verifies cash received from vault and balances the cash drawer against the Personal Banker terminal daily.
- Assists with the responsibility of the financial center in the manager’s absence; researches, answers and resolves customer problems; conducts cash audits; and assists Personal Bankers in balancing.
- Balances and remits Money Orders and Travelers Cheques; and balances month-end reports. Month-end reports include: Personal Banker transactions totals, cash overages and shortages, vault totals, and cash drawer totals.
- Monitors surveillance equipment; and orders supplies.
- Assists in the training of new Personal Bankers.
- Performs all Personal Banker I activities.
- Participates in Community Connections program and utilize 100% of allotted hours annually.
Click Here to Complete Your Application
Member FDIC Equal Housing Lender
© 2006-2013 AmericanWest Bank. All rights reserved.