The Personal Banker will ensure the customer’s needs are achieved by conducting a thorough financial needs assessment and offering the most appropriate products and services that fulfills the customer’s immediate and future financial needs. Under direct supervision, the Personal Banker will generate leads, build new and maintain existing customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define great customer experience. The Personal Banker is accountable for delivering clarity to customers through simplicity, guidance, and know-how.
Generate new customer relationships by consistently applying the Harris Bank Sales concept to all new/ prospective customers – 100% of the time. Cultivate and strengthen current customer relationships by staying abreast of the customer’s needs; maintain a customer needs analysis and assesses the overall financial needs of the customer; follow up when appropriate to present products and services that will meet the customer’s overall financial goals.
- Develop, maintain and support the sale of banking products and services by generating and following up on leads. Works with prospective and existing customers to assess potential overall banking needs.
- Identify and sell or refer appropriate banking products based on strategic analysis of customer financial needs after conducting an in-depth customer needs assessment. Deliver clarity to customers by providing simplicity, guidance, and know-how
Relationship Management/Customer Experience
- Meet or exceed current sales revenue goals and One Harris goals by selling and cross-selling bank products and services to retail, mortgage and small business customers that satisfy the financial needs and goals of the customer; refer qualified customer leads to HIS, Mortgage, Business Banking, Private Banking, etc. in order to successfully fulfill One Harris goals.
- Personal Banker may be required to create and execute individual mortgage sales plans and revenue goals. The Banker will analyze customer financial, credit data and other relevant information to evaluate level of risk as well as present viable financial alternatives and advice to customers. The Banker will receive customer applications, quote mortgage rates/points and complete necessary follow-up activities to acquire mortgage sales.
- Have an understanding and apply basic sales skills and product knowledge including deposit and loan products.
- Conduct targeted sales calls (phone or in-person [with Bank Manager, when appropriate]).
- Work collaboratively with the Retail Team and all lines of business to improve the customer experience; inspire trust and motivate others, embrace opportunities for learning, partner with colleagues and share knowledge while embracing the Harris Customer Promise.
- Define great customer experience by consistently providing exceptional customer service, consisting of a friendly demeanor, sense of urgency and willingness to assist the customer at all times, ensuring issues and requests are solved promptly, thoroughly, to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Initiate and maintain customer contact through a variety of methods, including, but not limited to face-to-face customer interaction (walk-in traffic), telemarketing and call night activity and community involvement (attending community activities that may generate new customer leads and supports Bank’s overall CRA goals and initiatives). Meet or exceed all established activity goals (face to face appointments, voice to voice calls, etc.) to drive sales and referral results.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with all internal employees of Harris, including but not limited to Private Bank, Harris Investor Services (HIS), Mortgage, Business Banking
- Distribution, Customer Experience and Sales Integration (CESI) to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Actively participates in team huddles and sales meetings to ensure that branch goals are achieved.
- Adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirements, directives and procedures while minimizing losses.
- Deliver customer satisfaction while embracing the operational policies.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required; college degree preferred.
- Working to in-depth knowledge of all retail bank products and services
- 3-5 years of banking experience or 3-5 years previous experience in a customer contact/sales position or equivalent required
- Working to in-depth knowledge of state and federal laws and regulation related to Fair Lending and other applicable regulations.
At BMO Harris Bank, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 130 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented, passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
- Excellent sales skills
- Ability to influence – asking for the business and closing the sale
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Analytical aptitude a must
- Excellent team player
- Self-starter & assertive
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to multi-task
To find out more visit our website at
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
P&C US - Retail-X000042
BMO Financial Group - 30+ days ago
The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded in 1817 in...