Responsible for day-to-day service and sales activities necessary to achieve an excellent level of customer service and satisfaction. This position will perform a broad variety of functions, including, responding to customer inquiries and cross-selling bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provides prompt, efficient and accurate customer service, greeting all customers by name in a pleasant and courteous manner; displays the “smile standard”; and consistently displays excellent customer service
• Seeks out referral opportunities and cross sells to existing and new customers.
• Provides a complete range of customer services, including opening new accounts, processing new and existing accounts properly; receiving deposits; actively seeking and referring loan and wealth management opportunities to appropriate bank specialists
• Carries out the bank’s client retention strategies by anticipating customer needs and cross selling when appropriate, in accordance with established policies and procedures. Takes initiative to acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of bank products and services. Educates customers as to available and appropriate products and services
• Comprehends, adheres to, and enforces all security and compliance procedures for protection of assets, including consistent use of dual control; ensures that customer confidentiality is maintained at all times
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Bank products and services by attending sales training each month in order to satisfy customer needs
• Complete and pass required BVS courses by due date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of the required responsibilities, duties and skills. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties and requirements of this position at any time, as needs dictate.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to all Federal and State banking regulations including compliance with the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering (BSA/AML) program. Follows all Company policies and procedures, and successfully participates in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Successful completion of Personal Banker training course and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or higher
• Previous cash handling and Teller experience required
• High attention to detail a must
• Must be computer literate with typing experience and a working knowledge of MS Office preferred
• Demonstrated sound judgment in decisions regarding transaction approvals and customer problem resolution
• Ability to display positive and cooperative attitude with customers at all times
• Successful record of recognizing opportunities and cross-selling products and services to existing customers and prospects preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, speak and sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The duties of this job are performed in a normal office/Branch environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Capital Bank - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...