Provide sales leadership within assigned branch or branches through developing customer relationships, participating in business development activities and acting as a sales resource for branch staff. Assist branch management team with sales development, coaching and guidance to branch employees in regards to selling techniques, new products, implementing customer contact campaigns, and other business development activities. Demonstrate referral leadership and consistently introduce customers to Business Banking, Mortgage Lending, Investment Planning, and First Bankcard, and other referral partner services in order to increase customer wallet share. Provide operational support on an as needed basis and perform teller duties if dictated by staffing issues.
1. Analyze existing clients’ inquiries/issues and develop resolutions that provide superior service and strengthen relationships while adhering to policies and procedures, as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
Meet and or exceed defined standards of quality customer service, transaction accuracy and sales/revenue generation.
Perform account analysis in order to determine services and products needed by the customer
Recommend and sell financial products and services
Process customer maintenance and transaction requests
Process lending requests and applications
Resolve account issues
Facilitate exception decisions
Open new accounts
Participate in Retail training opportunities as assigned by Manager
2. Provide ongoing customer-focused service and sales support to customers while accurately processing all customer transactions in accordance with established RDG policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quality/customer satisfaction, focused on the preferred sales and customer experience criteria documented by management observation
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quantity with regard to the number of customer interactions/transactions completed on a daily basis
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of accuracy with regard to individual transactions and ongoing balancing of assigned cash drawer according to established cash handling and balancing procedures
Perform Teller duties as required
3. Act as a personal banking lead within the branch in terms of sales and relationship management. Identify opportunities to cross-sell and refer products and services to existing and new customers in support of customer retention, expansion and the sales/revenue goals of the branch.
Manage client portfolio and execute relationship management activities as assigned
Ensure on-boarding activities are effectively completed for all new checking account customers
Monitor product trends and competition in order to more effectively place customers in the appropriate product or service
Monitor account sales and report progress to sales goals in check-ins with branch management
Proactively initiate sales activities to boost sales and maximize performance versus goal
Adhere to scorecard performance expectations and meet required sales and service production levels. Refer to performance scorecard for specific goals and expectations.
4. Participate in business and community development efforts as assigned by Manager including assistance in sales and marketing plan development, participating in joint sales calls, and other coordinated efforts to generate new business within branch and assigned market.
Conduct outbound calling to prospect and identify potential customers
As assigned, work closely with Manager to gather input, coordinate and manage sales and service activities of the branch in order to meet or exceed defined goals surrounding: quality customer experience, customer retention, branch revenue and profitability
Participate and assist in the creation of community development activities that leave a positive impression of the Bank.
Ensure the branch business and community development efforts remain customer-focused and are in alignment with the vision and advocacy model of the Retail Banking Group.
Provide feedback and developmental sales coaching opportunities to branch personnel to increase sales effectiveness, especially around the following:
Cross selling initiatives
Marketing campaign adoption and communication
Lead and referral tracking
Perform business banking duties as required
5. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required. Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations. Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity. If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Proven success in sales role.
Demonstrated customer service skills.
Demonstrated leadership ability and management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Ability to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time while assisting customers over the phone and in-person.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time while assisting in the teller line
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
2. Previous Personal Banker, Teller, Retail Banking experience or equivalent experience
3. Complete knowledge of banking products/services
4. Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
Link to our Benefits
Link to our Home Page
First National Bank of Omaha
- 2 years ago - save job