Summary: Accurately executes customer’s financial transactions including the handling of currency and coin, providing information in a timely and precise manner and to promote and maintain positive customer experiences and relationships; and promotes the Bank’s culture, including the support of our Brand promise and Core Values by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Executes customer's financial transactions (such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner and to promote and maintain positive customer relationships.
• Balances cash drawer daily to ensure accuracy of all transactions and keeps cash drawer secure and within established cash limits.
• Accurately prepares all proof work before sending for processing.
• Processes cash advances, stop payment requests, wire requests utilizing Wirepro, and check re-orders.
• Sells and redeems savings bonds.
• Issues cashier's checks and gift cards.
• Places holds on deposits, when applicable, following Reg CC guidelines.
• Prepares and submits monetary instrument log as necessary.
• Identifies and processes collection items.
• Operates remote capture process.
• Recommends bank products and services to develop customer relationships in order to support the growth objectives of the bank.
• Assists customers with entering safe deposit box according to policy and procedures.
• Gives rate quotes accurately and according to customer service standards.
• Maintains retail coin machine.
• Utilizes Commnet in order to complete documents and forms as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Interpersonal Skills/Customer Service - Maintains a high level of confidentiality; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
Oral and Written Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Quality and Quantity - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Adheres to Security Policy and Procedures.
Adaptability and Initiative - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Attendance/Punctuality and Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); experience in sales or customer service is desirable; six months to one year cash handling experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use basic office machine such as 10-key, computer keyboard, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, encoder and money counter.
Bank Culture/Customer Service Skills
Promotes the Bank’s culture, including the support of our Brand promise and Core Values.
Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, customers and supervisor. Ability to serve customers, both internal and external, (community/public) in a manner that will reflect superior customer relations and enhance the overall marketing effort of Community Trust.
If member of the Travel Team, extensive travel is required. Individual must be flexible and able to travel to assigned Banking Centers to fill staffing needs with or without notice.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Community Trust Bank - 30+ days ago