Responsible for working as an active member of the community office sales/service team; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information; assisting the immediate supervisor with administrative tasks to support department operations.
Duties: 1. Works as an active member of the community office sales/service team as follows:
a. Jointly establishes quantitative sales objectives, with assigned supervisor, on an annual basis; this activity to be integrated with the office's annual marketing/sales plan.
b. Solicits new business from present and prospective cus¬tomers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of addi¬tional cross-selling opportunities.
c. Provides sales information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date sales performance reports.
d. Monitors individual sales performance versus objectives on a monthly basis utilizing the Bank's sales informa¬tion system; discusses performance with appropriate supervisor on a frequent basis.
e. Serves as a member of the office sales team, e.g., Office Manager, Retail Services Specialist, etc.
f. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to sell in conjunction with these needs.
g. Provides direct service to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit, loan, trust, and other miscellaneous products and services; approves or rejects loan applications within individual lending authority.
h. Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other bank departments as necessary; provides help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
i. Prepares various forms and reports and provides information as requested from appropriate supervisor or department.
j. Actively participates in the community in a manner that reflects favorably on the Bank.
2. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
5. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
6. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
7. Assists the immediate supervisor with various administrative tasks to support department operations, as directed; may also be assigned special projects.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Qualifications: Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. in related field normally required; specialized banking education and training.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; moderate typing skills; moderate computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative and sales skills; a comprehensive knowledge of all bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts; a working knowledge of bank consumer products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: None required with degree; if no degree, a minimum of three (3) years' experience in related banking and/or sales positions normally required.
CommunityONE Bank - 21 months ago