The primary role of the Personal Banker is to support and champion the inside sales opportunities within the branch. The Personal Banker will be in constant contact with customers pertaining to assisting them with financial product solutions, including opening new accounts; servicing existing accounts and seeking cross sell opportunities. The Personal Banker will also assist in maintaining the branch’s operational excellence by supporting the Assistant Branch Manager and Head Teller in teller and reporting requirements.
Within Evans branch system the retail staff must demonstrate a strong commitment to the Evans Core Values and Customer Service Standards. Provide superior service and an outstanding banking experience for each customer that is serviced at the branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures personal sales/referral goals are attained.
- Maintains strong knowledge of Evans Bank products and services to effectively refer product solutions across various business lines and achieve referral goals.
- Manages own book of business.
- Effectively utilizes the sales process through the use of the Sales Pipeline, Evans Rewards, On Boarding process, sales campaigns and call nights.
- Assists customers in the account opening process, the interviewing of customers for loan requests and the closing of loans.
- Works closely with the Assistant Branch Manager to build the internal sales culture at the branch.
- Assists in the overall smooth and efficient operations of the branch.
- Upholds all bank policies, procedures and banking regulations.
- Assists in the timely completion of required branch reports in an accurate manner.
- Assists in performing branch audits.
- Assists the branch in receiving a satisfactory audit.
- Provides customer’s access to safe deposit boxes.
- Responsible for the overall branch when management is not available and acts as a management designee.
- Cross-trained on Assistant Branch Manager and Head Teller duties and responsibilities. Acts in those roles when needed.
- Participates in activities to enhance public awareness of Evans Bank in the community.
- Takes advantage of educational opportunities that exist.
- Has approval authority for official bank checks and internal bank documents within prescribed limits.
- Participates and provides input at staff meetings.
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of inside/outside sales experience with the proven ability to:
- Sell/refer products and services to customers and non-customers.
- Plan, develop and execute on a personal sales plan.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Notary Public or ability to attain within six months.
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 Securities licenses, New York State Life/Health/Accident license or ability to attain as directed by management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound decision-making capabilities.
Evans Bancorp, Inc. is a financial holding company and the parent company of Evans Bank, N.A., a commercial bank with $703 million in...