Ensure compliance with First National Bank South Dakota policies and compliance standards. Provide quality service throughout every customer contact in order to meet FNBSD retail customer service and retention goals and objectives. Consistently conduct accurate customer banking transactions. Promote the bank and its products by suggesting products and services and referring customers to the appropriate area of the bank.
- Ensure compliance with First National Bank South Dakota policies and compliance standards. Deliver consistent service through the correct application of retail policies and procedures. Complete all assigned compliance training.
- Initiate and manage the necessary applications, processes, and paperwork required to open a full range of consumer products, including consumer deposit products, business deposit products, and consumer loans in accordance with established procedures. Quote and sell credit life insurance. Process wire transfers. Perform Notary Public duties.
- Consult with client on consumer loan needs. Close quality consumer loans ensuring regulatory requirements have been met. Understand and communicate underwriting guidelines. Interface with centralized underwriting on consumer loan process.
- Aggressively develop customer portfolio through prospecting lists, outbound sales calling efforts, and other marketing techniques. Use established referral network to generate new business.
- Research bank relationships and provide customers with financial consulting and product fulfillment based on needs of customer. Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in explaining and selling bank products. Recognize sales opportunities. Participate in joint business calls with other departments.
- Provide maintenance assistance to customers on consumer products and business deposit products.
- Provide account maintenance processing by scanning pertinent documents upon account opening and assisting with EFT disputes.
- Support retail area by transporting cash and by backing up Tellers and Customer Service Representatives as needed. Assist in opening and closing procedures.
- Maximize cross-selling by determining the customers needs through profiling, explaining to the customer the available financial products and services that would fit their needs, and finally by referring the customer to the appropriate areas or specialists that could fulfill their needs.
- Promote business development and the banks image through public relations opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent experience. Two years experience in a retail or sales environment where customer service was top priority.
Prior credit/lending experience.
Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively. Ability to use proper grammar in customer communications.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in PC operation and demonstrated understanding of applicable software including Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment while being able to remain calm and diffuse conflict.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
First National Bank South Dakota promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace.
- General office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First National Bank of Omaha
- 2 years ago - save job