1. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
2. Analyze existing clients’ inquiries/issues and develop resolutions that provide superior service and strengthen relationships while adhering to FNBO policies and procedures, as well as all applicable laws and regulations. (Ongoing)
Meet and or exceed defined standards of quality customer service, transaction accuracy and sales/revenue generation.
Perform account analysis in order to determine services and products needed by the customer
Recommend and sell RBG financial products and services
Process customer maintenance and transaction requests
Process lending requests and applications
Resolve account issues
Facilitate exception decisions
Open new accounts
Participate in Retail training opportunities as assigned by Manager
3. Provide ongoing customer-focused service and sales support to customers while accurately processing all customer transactions in accordance with established RDG policies and procedures, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quality/customer satisfaction, focused on the preferred sales and customer experience criteria documented by management observation
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of quantity with regard to the number of customer interactions/transactions completed on a daily basis
Meet and/or exceed defined standards of accuracy with regard to individual transactions and ongoing balancing of assigned cash drawer according to established cash handling and balancing procedures
Perform Teller duties as required
4. Act as a personal banking lead within the branch in terms of sales and relationship management. Identify opportunities to cross-sell and refer FNBO/FNNI products and services to existing and new customers in support of customer retention, expansion and the sales/revenue goals of the branch.
Manage client portfolio and execute relationship management activities as assigned
Ensure on-boarding activities are effectively completed for all new checking account customers
Monitor product trends and competition in order to more effectively place customers in the appropriate FNBO product or service
Monitor account sales and report progress to sales goals in check-ins with branch management
Proactively initiate sales activities to boost sales and maximize performance versus goal
Adhere to scorecard performance expectations and meet required sales and service production levels. Refer to performance scorecard for specific goals and expectations.
5. Participate in business and community development efforts as assigned by Manager including assistance in sales and marketing plan development, participating in joint sales calls, and other coordinated efforts to generate new business within branch and assigned market.
Conduct outbound calling to prospect and identify potential customers
As assigned, work closely with Manager to gather input, coordinate and manage sales and service activities of the branch in order to meet or exceed defined goals surrounding: quality customer experience, customer retention, branch revenue and profitability
Participate and assist in the creation of community development activities that leave a positive impression of FNB
Ensure the branch business and community development efforts remain customer-focused and are in alignment with the vision and advocacy model of the Retail Banking Group.
Provide feedback and developmental sales coaching opportunities to branch personnel to increase sales effectiveness, especially around the following:
o Customer retention
o Cross selling initiatives
o New products
o Pricing changes
o Solution selling
o Marketing campaign adoption and communication
o Lead and referral tracking
o Perform business banking duties as required
6. In the absence of branch management, oversee branch operations for limited periods of time.
7. Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames
Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues
Practice Retail Distribution Group values and support the goals and strategic plan.
Be proactive and respectful in all relationships
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Proven success in sales role
Demonstrated customer service skills.
Leadership ability and management skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Previous Personal Banker, Teller, Retail Banking experience or equivalent experience
Knowledge of banking products/services
Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
First National of Nebraska, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
At First National Bank Omaha we realize everyone has different needs in a checking account - that's why we've designed a variety of checking...