Assist customers with opening a wide variety of products and services. Advise as to how best utilize company products and services in order to meet personal financial goals and provide the highest quality customer service.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. 40% Open various new accounts, process necessary information and educate the customers as to services/products available as a result. (For example, Visa check card, online banking, automated teller, etc.)
2. 15% Assist with wide variety of customer services including open/close Shared Certificates, maintain Safe Deposit Boxes, assist customers with checkbooks, process credit card/loan applications for customer, manages outgoing wires, solve fraud issues, notary, close accounts, etc.
3. 15% Explain and expedite the opening, closing, transfer, and rollover of IRA certificates
4. 15% Assist customers with opening CD’s and educate customers as to penalties, earnings, etc.
5. 5% Provide backup to tellers upon request.
6. 5% Set up auto transfers and sign up customers for ACH transfers and wires.
7. — Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
8. — Use every customer contact as an opportunity to advise customer about additional services or programs that might benefit them.
Knowledge and Skills
Bilingual - English/Spanish is preferred
Two to five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
High school degree or GED required.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs. Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently and with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.