This position is a Personal Banker/ Teller Part time or Full time
SUMMARY for Personal Banker
The position of Personal Banker is responsible for processing all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing office clerical duties; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The position of Personal Banker also is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the area of office operation functions and is required to assist in the cross-training of less experienced office staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES for Personal Banker
1. Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed.
2. Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
3. Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; determines need and extent of reference investigation.
4. Discusses, prepares and processes documents related to the Bank’s electronic banking services.
5. Makes decisions regarding the opening of new accounts; assigns account numbers; completes forms requiring customer signature(s); checks credit history (OFAC & ChekSystems); accepts initial deposits; prepares all documents and items pertaining to checking accounts, savings accounts and certificates of deposit for processing.
6. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
7. Files documentation in appropriate location(s).
8. May represent the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
9. Provides effective customer service by answering customer questions; investigates and corrects errors; and resolves problems or other issues.
10. Performs safe deposit duties by opening accounts, controlling access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
11. Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
12. Presents funds received from customer to teller for initial deposits; determines funds availability and obtains receipt for customer.
13. Processes address changes, check and deposit slip orders, and endorsement stamp orders.
14. Gathers data and process various reports and callbacks.
15. Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
16. Processes debit card applications and file maintenance.
17. Ensures statements, renewal notices and interest payments for IRA and certificates of deposit accounts are sent to customers.
18. May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; may assist in balancing vault currency and coin.
19. Cross-trains less experienced branch personnel.
20. Types routine letters, reports and forms.
21. Maintains files, copies and faxes documents.
SUMMARY for teller assignments
This position is the critical contact between the Bank and its customers on a daily basis. Incumbent contributes to the profitability of the Bank by ensuring customer satisfaction with the basic bank transactions and by minimizing risk through careful administration of Bank policies and procedures. The employee must be able to process routine banking transactions in a manner that is efficient, accurate and friendly. Incumbent performs routine duties independently, following the guidelines set forth in the Teller procedures and referring exceptions to their supervisor or a Bank officer. Incumbent must be able to maintain positive relationships with both customers and co-workers. The employee needs to work cooperatively and positively to ensure that shared duties are completed. This position must acknowledge customer needs and make suggestions of the Bank’s products and services appropriate to the needs of the customer. Utilizing knowledge and experience in customer service, this position will exercise discretion and independent judgment in resolving problems and answering questions.
The position of Teller I is considered entry level to the Teller job family.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES as a Teller
1.Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
2.Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
3.Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
4.Assists with night depository duties; logs; bags; processes deposits; makes change orders; issues receipts and returns bags to customers.
5.Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
6.Issues cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks and savings bond applications.
7.Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
8.Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
9.Accepts loan and installment payments.
10.Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
11.Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
12.Records, files, updates information, prepares wire transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
13.Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
14.May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, monthly audit reports, monthly audit certifications, etc.)
15.Processes traveler’s checks, ATM deposits, monthly certifications, change orders and deposit slip corrections.
16.May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
17.Assist with branch capture function.
18.Types routine letters, reports and forms.
19.Copies and/or faxes documents and maintains files.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or prior experience in related field and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution operations, sales or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
• Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services relating to retail and commercial account customers.
• Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
• Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
• Basic knowledge of general office practices.
• Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
• Current Washington driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.