In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This is a Full Time position in our East Thetford Branch.
Responsible for teller operations, customer service and sales. Support Community Banking Manager in pursuit of branch deposit and loan growth objectives by selling all Merchants Bank products and services and developing household and commercial relationships through cross-selling and outbound sales.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Demonstrate the efficient and sound practices of: teller transactions and cash
handling; ATM and vault management; security procedures; risk management;
regulatory compliance; technology execution; and account maintenance.
2. Demonstrate transactional accuracy and efficiency within Merchants Bank
standards as outlined in the Teller Variation Policy to include personal
responsibility for detection and resolution of errors in individual work.
3. Provide superior customer service to all customers and constituents via
Merchants Bank Customer Service Standards. Aim toward business retention
and cross-selling of existing customers (share of wallet) by making
recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s
individual banking needs. Support retail sales environment within branch by
demonstrating comprehensive product knowledge and account maintenance
4. Understand the primary features and benefits of all retail and commercial products
and delivery channels with the ability to open all account types while processing
paperwork with minimal errors.
5. Knowledgeable of the bank’s relationship building and cross-selling programs,
requirements, and goals including: scrub mailing lists for accuracy, complete
outbound calls as assigned by CBM, recognize and act upon cross-sell
opportunities during daily customer interactions and be fully engaged in the
welcome program for new customers.
6. Identify opportunities for new relationships and support growth of branch portfolio.
Target individuals, businesses and organizations for potential sales follow
through. These can be pursued by Personal Banker, or referred to Community
Banking Manager, corporate sales team or the trust department. Understand the
branch marketplace and current marketing initiatives to add or expand consumer
and commercial relationships through sales and service out reach efforts.
7. Strive to be a team player in all areas, take initiative to lend assistance or accept
new projects, act as a coach/mentor when appropriate, and represent bank in
8. Engage in regular communications to constituents (customers, co-workers,
management) in support of branch and company direction. Cooperate with all
reporting requirements with clear, concise written, verbal and electronic
9. Cross-train in all duties and functions within the department. Participate in
(satisfactorily complete) all required training and pursue additional training
opportunities that will promote growth in position.
10. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Minimum one-year experience in sales or customer service related position. Strong interpersonal skills in order to positively represent the bank.
3. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. This includes working knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office (or similar software) functions, and database entry. Competency in all bank branch hardware and software platforms.
4. Strong written, verbal, and listening skills to be used in communicating with a broad range of constituents.
5. Proficient in mathematics; at level required to perform Personal Banker duties.
6. Cash handling experience strongly desired (experience and accuracy with balancing a cash drawer and handling cash during customer transactions).
7. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and execute decisions.
8. Ability to work productively as a team member as well as independently.
9. Personal Bankers should be able to lift items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds. Personal Bankers are responsible for moving full coin bags and other branch equipment.
Merchants Bank VT - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Established in 1849, Merchants Bank is Vermont’s largest and sole remaining statewide bank. Consumer, business, municipal and...