Proactively develop client relationships through the effective use of profiles and established bank sales processes. Responsible for coordinating bank resources to assist clients in achieving financial goals while providing products and services which produce a profit for the bank. Provides excellent service while managing relationships over time to maximize client retention.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Performs various sales activities approximately 80% of the time.
- Maximize customer sales opportunities by cross selling accounts and services as appropriate.
- Expands portfolio relationships with high value customers by consistent profiling of appropriate customers, utilizing sales processes and behaviors to identify customers who have the potential for added value relationships, performing personal touches, evaluating customers’ financial needs, recommending solutions and asking for the business, etc.
- Provides qualified investment referrals to the appropriate branch personnel.
- Sells credit life and disability insurance, if licensed.
- Uses the internal prospect lists to make outbound calls.
- Provides quality, personalized service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Actively participates in sales, product knowledge, and service meetings.
- May assist Territory Manager and Branch Manager in outsides sales activities.
- Identifies mortgage loan needs and refers opportunities to mortgage lender.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial concepts including customer life stages, time value of money and makes appropriate recommendations. Understands potential tax implications of financial decisions and refers customer to tax advisor when appropriate.
- Opens and closes the branch.
- Opens new accounts and performs deposit account maintenance; responds to customers in a prompt and courteous manner; knowledgeable of all bank products and characteristics including business products, assures that the required forms are completed accurately and that the customer fully understands the terms and conditions of the accounts; assures the customer receive the proper disclosures.
- Provides information on consumer loan products; quotes rates to callers and accurately takes consumer loan applications, closes loans accurately.
- Accurately opens and performance maintenance on IRAs and advises customers about IRA and related issues. Provides timely follow-up to clients by telephone, written correspondence, or personal contact.
- Acts as in a operational supervisory role to ensure effective customer service and office coverage.
- Displays good business judgment when waiving fees or negotiating rates.
High school diploma or equivalent and experience of at least two years in banking (or, two years in a related sales position). Undergraduate degree in a related field preferred. Proven effective sales ability and exceptional customer service skills required. Must have thorough knowledge of financial concepts. Knowledge of desktop automation tools.
LICENSES and REGISTRATIONS
A Life license is preferred, but not required. This position may require registration through the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Applicants must (1) have an active NMLS ID that is in good standing, and can be transferred to North Shore Bank's registry, or (2) must be willing to register prior to start date. Your employment with North Shore Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
North Shore Bank - 7 months ago
THE BANK OF YOU is for you. Your style. Your personality. Your way of life.
Join us and discover a work experience where ideas are met...