> Media Releases
> EDIE Calculator
> Join the Peoples Family
> Contact Us
[ return ]
Job Posting: Personal Banker
Status: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Responsibilities and Duties:Primary Purpose:
Personal Bankers will positively contribute to the financial well-being of our customers with and ethical commitment to the highest possible level of customer care and concern, while generating prosperity for the bank, their shareholders and employees. The PB is responsible for establishing and maintaining professional relationships with customers and the local community, by following sales skills of the Customers First culture. This position will require the processing of a variety of retail financial functions to include account relationships, cash balancing and other day to day transactions. The PB will actively sell and promote Peoples products including cross sell referrals to Mortgage and Peoples Investments.
- Operate and balance cash drawer.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, and dual control of ATM.
- Complete account maintenance.
- Perform daily transactions, i.e. deposits, withdrawals, cashier checks, bonds, telephone transfers, etc.
- Demonstrate general knowledge of products and services.
- Resolve problems in a positive manner.
- Support management in all sales and service programs.
- Professionally refer customers seeking commercial loan services, insurance, investments, real estate loans, and merchant accounts.
- Cross-sell products or services to potential and existing customers by phone, written correspondence and external sales calls.
- Meet or exceed goals.
- Follow through and effectively apply bank rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and the Peoples Promise.
- Deliver superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Attend all company meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous cash handling experience
- Six months of banking or retail sales experience preferred
Physical and Work Environment Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to show tact and diplomacy when dealing with all customers both internal and external
- Patience when assisting customers
- Good listening skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent cash handling skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow defined processes and procedures
- Ability to identify fraudulent or questionable transactions
- Ability to learn financial products and communicate the benefits to customers
- Competency in basic mathematical skills
Peoples is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diverse, talented, qualified applicants to apply M/F/D/V
- Position takes place in a bank environment
Contact: Stephanie Calli
Download Application (pdf)
Peoples National Bank - 13 months ago