Applicant note: After you upload your initial information & resume by clicking 'Submit', the application form will appear. Complete the application plus the e-signature process. If the finished application doesn't progress, scroll up the page to locate & complete highlighted fields. You will see a 'Thanks for applying' message after your information successfully sends. If you encounter issues, please contact Customer Support at 1-800-943-2589.
Personal Banker, F/T with Bonus Opportunities - Thornton
Personal Banker, F/T with Bonus Opportunities - Thornton
Back to Job Listings
Together, we're better... with people like YOU on our team!
Public Service Credit Union is looking for our next talented Personal Banker/Financial Service Consultant for our branch in Thornton. This is a full-time position that will offer a base rate of pay at $15.50/hour and extremely generous incentive pay opportunities (and commissions), and a stellar employee benefits package!
As a Personal Banker, you will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with PSCU members while discovering, anticipating and meeting their financial service needs through the active promotion, sales and delivery of our products and services. The individual selected for this role will also assist the Branch Manager and/or Branch Supervisor with daily branch functions as needed, leading through example in the delivery of excellent member service and sales performance.
The Personal Banker is accountable for handling a wide variety of duties and responsibilities, which include:
• Explain, promote and sell all PSCU products and services to current and prospective members.
• Provide exceptional service that is consistent with or exceeds PSCU’s standards of excellence in customer service.
• Open, maintain and close all types of transaction and deposit accounts.
• Facilitate the lending process with members, to include documentation, interviewing and closing.
• Cross-sell all products associated with loan products, including credit life & disability insurance and GAP coverage.
• Resolve member issues in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
• Actively promote and contribute to the achievement of branch and organizational goals.
• Develop a well-rounded knowledge of all PSCU departments and a solid ability to know how and when to refer members to internal business partners.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Providing top-notch member service at all times will be of paramount importance in this role. As a Personal Banker you will have the opportunity to – and be expected to – conscientiously and confidently assist our members as they navigate through financial options to determine the best solution for their financial needs.
Additional expectations and opportunities that will come with this position include: committing to excellence in all areas of job performance, relationship-building, and service; maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude; helping to build a positive team spirit; utilizing skillful listening and speaking skills; exhibiting support for PSCU’s goals, values, initiatives and cost control; complying with all applicable compliance requirements; prioritizing and planning work activities using efficient time management techniques; embracing ongoing education and training and utilizing an ability to learn and apply new skills and software application knowledge; adapting well to change; demonstrating flexibility by easily transitioning from one function to another to relieve other employees and ensure continuity of member service; and following all safety and security guidelines to properly safeguard employees, members and organization assets.
One to three years of similar or related experience, as well as the following skills and abilities, are required:
• Strong relationship-building, communication, and teamwork skills. A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or can be of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as those necessary to update spreadsheets or calculate APY and APR.
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to work 40 hours per week, and talk, hear, stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision, color, peripheral, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret English. Verbal communication is expressed clearly and concisely in individual situations. Uses proper language at all times. Written communication conveys ideas in a concise manner. Effectively writes memos and letters. Internal forms and correspondence are professional in appearance. Handwritten notes are legible and easily understood.
• Ability to operate basic office equipment including fax, copier, and computer using database, word processing and spreadsheet programs. Maintains a filing system that is up to date and accurate.
• This list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive; it is merely the most accurate list for the current position. Public Service Credit Union reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, i.e., changes in personnel, workload, technical development, or emergencies. This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. In addition, a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school is preferable.
$15.50/hour base pay, plus extremely generous bonus pay and commission opportunities!
Public Service Credit Union is a stable financial institution with 27 branches located throughout the Denver Metro, Northern Colorado, and Colorado Springs areas. We offer a competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan with employer/employee contributions, and more.