This position is responsible for selling retail deposit and loan products to consumer and business clients inside and outside of the Banking Center. This position must help achieve the sales and growth goals for the Banking Center. Additionally this position must deliver a high level of service by opening and closing deposit accounts, taking and processing consumer loan applications, handling and directing customer service issues, and handling teller transactions, if necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet all clients as soon as they enter the banking center and work to develop a strong banking relationship with regular clients.
- Open and close all types of deposit accounts (checking, savings, CD’s) both business and personal, following all bank policies and procedures.
- Evaluate all clients for additional deposits and loans, cross sell other bank products and services to ensure a solid client relationship, and identify opportunities for additional lines of business.
- Monitor activity of all new accounts, to ensure all cross sales have been properly activated and on-boarding is followed and completed.
- Adhere to Bank’s new client on boarding process and procedures.
- Actively work MCIF calling lists of existing clients to cross sell for other products or expanded relationships, including retention of existing accounts.
- Performs customer service functions, including address changes, file maintenances, debit card and check orders, etc.
- Prepares thank you notes and makes follow up phone calls to all new accounts.
- Go on sales calls outside the bank to businesses to solicit for and open employee checking accounts.
- Take and process consumer loan applications and close loans when approved.
- Ensures posted deposit rate information is current and communicated throughout the banking center.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- One year of previous banking experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years previous sales experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- NMLS Registration required*
Additional Comments:INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must be self motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand or walk. The associate is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, and distance vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Out-of-town travel is possible.
- Travel between bank and outside customers is necessary. Reliable transportation is required.
- A flexible work schedule that will include some evening and weekend work is required.
- This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations as defined by the SAFE Act must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in corrective counseling up to termination of employment.