Personal Banker will be responsible for offering and selling personal and business financial products and services (checking accounts, loans, credit cards, CDs) to customers, providing sales and service functions, including teller functions while providing the customer with an exceptional customer experience. Builds and sustains relationships with consumer and business customers. Recognizes and responds to customer needs during the appropriate times and circumstances to perform each role. Provides on demand staffing support to multiple Sterling branches as necessary.
• Develop customer relationships through active profiling and needs-based questioning to identify deposit, credit, investment, and other needs.
• Responsible for opening new personal and business deposit accounts, offering personal and business loan solutions, responding to customer inquiries, resolving issues, and recognizing and referring cross sales opportunities.
• Responsible for full knowledge of all credit solutions available through Retail Banking including origination, processing, and booking of new loans.
• Identify customer needs, recommend the right solutions and products, close sales, address questions/objections, and ask for referrals. Educate customer on alternative channels that provide value within the bank and refer to appropriate channel.
• Perform and adhere to all operational and security policies and procedures. Comply with and enforces compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality and information protection.
• Responsible for establishing new relationships with customers as result of sales campaigns, promotions at the branch, telephone and direct mail, and proactive outbound outreach.
• Responsible for providing Hometown Helpful service, achieving sales goals, understanding sales strategies, identifying gaps and adjusting sales activities weekly to meet goals.
• Perform all teller functions and operate a cash drawer as necessary, maintaining proper cash and authority limits while balancing as required. May also be required to act as operational manager for alternate branches in the absence of the Branch or Assistant Branch Manager.
• Perform branch functions requiring an in-depth knowledge of branch transactions. May include monthly cash counts, cash control, interest penalty calculations, branch self audits and others.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
1 - 3 years in banking or retail environment with proven effective customer service and cash handling experience required. 1 year experience in a lending function preferred, with familiarity in loan origination and processing functions, or equivalent training.
• Ability to effectively deal with all levels of customers in a professional, “Hometown Helpful” manner. Maintain a friendly, courteous demeanor throughout the day. Strong customer service skills and customer focused.
• Proven ability to prospect, plan selling strategy and make cold calls. Sales and business development skills necessary to develop and actively participate in a calling program. Proven sales track record desired.
• Proven ability to refer bank products and services and to explain and relate services to other people. Also refer using “needs-based” selling.
• Advanced level interpersonal and listening skills. Be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Advanced problem solving skills. Ability to operate on-line terminal, keyboard, calculator. Basic math calculations.
• Basic teller training course completion preferred.
* This position will require/requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with Sterling Savings Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to Sterling Savings Bank’s registration rolls. Continued employment in this position with Sterling Savings Bank is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the Bank.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
No recruiters, agencies, third-party agents, or consultants, please - only direct applications from candidates. All other inquiries must be directed to the Human Resources Department at (509) 458-2711.
Sterling Bank - 17 months ago
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...