Personal Banker will be responsible for offering and selling personal and business financial products and services (checking accounts, loans, credit cards, CDs) to customers and performing sales and service functions while providing exceptional customer service. Builds and sustains relationships with consumer and business customers by recognizing and responding to their needs. Provides on demand staffing support to multiple Sterling branches.
• Develop customer relationships through active profiling and needs-based questioning to identify deposit, credit, investment, and other needs. Make recommendations, close sales, and ask for referrals. Educate customer on alternative channels that provide value and refer to appropriate lines of business.
• Responsible for opening new personal and business deposit accounts, offering personal and business loan solutions, responding to customer inquiries/objections, resolving issues, and recognizing and referring cross sales opportunities.
• Responsible for adhering to all operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality and information protection.
• Responsible for establishing new customer relationships resulting from sales campaigns, branch promotions, telephone and direct mail, and proactive outbound outreach.
• Responsible for providing exceptional service, achieving sales goals, understanding sales strategies, identifying gaps, and adjusting sales activities weekly to meet goals.
• Perform all teller functions and operate cash drawer as necessary, maintaining proper cash and authority limits while balancing as required. May also be required to act as operational manager for alternate branches in the absence of the Branch or Assistant Branch Manager.
• Perform branch functions, including monthly cash counts, cash control, interest penalty calculations, branch self audits, etc.
• High School Diploma or GED required. Basic teller training course completion preferred
• NMLS Registration - This position will require/requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with Sterling Bank, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to Sterling Bank’s registration rolls. Continued employment in this position with Sterling Bank is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the Bank.
Skills and Knowledge:
• 1 - 3 years in banking or a retail environment with customer service and cash handling experience required. A minimum of 1 year experience in a lending function with loan origination and processing functions, or equivalent training preferred.
• Ability to effectively deal with all levels of customers in a professional manner while maintaining a friendly, courteous demeanor. Excellent customer service skills required.
• Proven ability to prospect, plan selling strategies, and make cold calls. Sales and business development skills necessary to develop and actively participate in a calling program. Proven sales track record desired.
• Proven ability to refer bank products and services and to explain and relate services to other people. "needs-based” selling skills required.
• Advanced level of interpersonal and listening skills required. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Advanced problem solving skills required.
• Advanced knowledge of all credit solutions available through Retail Banking including origination, processing, and booking of new loans.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations and operate on-line terminals. Basic computer/calculator skill required.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
Please no recruiters, agencies, third-party agents or consultants – only direct applications from candidates. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department at HR.BusinessPartners@bankwithsterling.com.
Sterling Bank - 15 months ago
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...