The successful candidate will work to develop banking relationships and serve the needs of bank clients; to protect the bank’s assets and image by making sound decisions and minimizing risk and to provide support to lenders by coordinating all aspects of the credit loan process.
- Know who your customer is, help identify their financial needs, and help satisfy them
- Recommend United Prairie Bank products or services when it would serve a customer's financial need.
- Refer customers to United Prairie Insurance Agency, and United Prairie Financial Network when those services would be of benefit to the customer.
- Provide ongoing service to bank customers in order to prevent/resolve problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Organize loan files according to UP policies and procedures for each loan type.
- Provide support to lenders by performing tasks needed to originate and maintain high quality loans and credit files.
- Maintain tickler system for all loan files including updating customer financials.
- Order appraisal/title work if needed.
- Update UCC and insurance information when necessary.
- Assist with Loan-related bookkeeping and bank operations as delegated by management.
- Process loan payments and advances.
- Underwrite and originate consumer loans and lines of credit, adhering to UPB policies and procedures
- Manage loan portfolio including customer inquiries, collections, and file maintenance
- Required to comply with the SAFE Act requirements; including successful initial and ongoing registration in the Registry if you are licensed MLO.
- Provide referrals to UPIA Insurance Agency and UPFN Investment Agency.
- Lending authority up to $25,000.00. Portfolio size expectation $500,000.
- Abide by all policies, procedures and regulations of UP.
Well-developed verbal and written communication skills; general knowledge of internet usage and Microsoft Office programs; strong desire to strive for quality interactions with customers and teammates; ability to be assertive and diplomatic in order to minimize risk of loss to bank; highly effective in solving problems and making decisions; strong desire to learn, interpret, and follow policies and procedures; organizational skills which support multi-tasking and deadlines; highly adaptable to change; ability to practice discretion and confidentiality in all situations.
Salary will be based on qualifications, competitive benefits package included. Applicant can apply by emailing an introductory letter and resume to: United Prairie Bank, Human Resources - email@example.com .
- Two (2) or Four (4) year Degree in Finance or equivalent field of study and/or
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a community banking environment.
- Occasional day travel may be required for training/meeting purposes.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis. Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time.
United Prairie Bank - 11 months ago
United Prairie Banks offer small town service with an complete array of financial products and services: checking and savings accounts,...