GENERAL FUNCTION: Serves as a proactive member of the banking center team by being an initial contact for new and existing clients. Identifies and resolves complex customer service opportunities. Supports the retention and growth of profitable client relationships through sale of basic deposit and consumer loan products. Refers complex product and financial service needs to the Relationship Manager or the Banking Center Manager. Analyze required financial and personal data to cross sell products and services to the customer.
· Two year Associate degree in business or equivalent years of related professional work experience.
· Previous experience in customer service and cash handling required.
· In-depth knowledge of Bank products and services.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
· Willingness to provide a level of service which will clearly differentiate us from our competitors.
· Must possess proven sales skills to actively sell products, services and policies of the Bank. Employee must be willing to become familiar with and promote Bank products, services, and policies.
· Display personal initiative to actively cross-sell bank products. Employee must be willing to become familiar with and promote bank products and services.
· Possess analytical and technical skills required to learn, research, and resolve routine problems for customers.
· Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic and attitude.
· Possess clear, concise, effective written and oral communication skills to effectively express thoughts, ideas and concepts to bank employees and bank customers.
· Superior sales and persuasion skills and the ability to communicate product information to customers and potential customers.
· Ability to accurately follow instructions on a variety of subjects.
· Must possess a pleasant, outgoing personality and be willing to work as part of a team.
· Ability to perform general clerical duties and operate various departmental equipment.
· Ability to work under pressure and accurately handle detail work.
· Knowledge and ability to use computer terminal and various software systems.
· Possess the ability to perform simple arithmetic computations, including ratio and percent.
· Ability to learn loan products and take consumer loan applications.
· Ability to use or ability to learn to use Decision Pro, Dimension, Bankway, Web X, InfoPac, Intracheck, and Check Systems.
· Will be required to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
· Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
· Banking is a highly regulated industry and you will be expected to acquire and maintain a proficiency in the Bank’s policies and procedures, and adhere to all laws, rules and regulations that are applicable to your conduct and the work you will be performing. You will also be expected to complete all assigned compliance training in a timely manner.
SAFE Act Requirement
Must be willing to register and maintain registry with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and comply with SAFE Act requirements.