Sells and provides service under moderate supervision according to established policies and procedures. Acquires knowledge of bank products and is able to open, service, and identify cross selling opportunities to new and/or existing customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens and closes accounts, counsels customers in resolving issues and answering questions, sells and refers financial services/products including Checking and Savings accounts, Individual Retirement accounts, Certificate of Deposits, Savings Bonds, Securities, Visa products, Home Equity and Consumer loans, and/or qualified referrals to the bank’s Financial Services and Mortgage Department.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of bank products and services to cross sell to new and/or existing customers.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge and adhering to all bank policies and procedures, within the scope of their job, to ensure compliance.
- Explains features/benefits of products and services and ensures customer satisfaction. Investigates and corrects errors. Refers to appropriate bank personnel as needed.
- Completes and submits loan applications and performs loan closings. Ensure documents are complete and submitted.
- Actively contributes as a team player to the achievement of branch goals as well as individual sales and customer service goals.
- Assists customers with safe deposit vault access and safe deposit box rentals.
- May be given check signing and wire transfer authority. May execute wire transfers of funds.
- May assist in training new employees in customer service and banking policies and procedures as needed.
- May coach other Personal Bankers and perform file maintenance reviews of their work.
- All other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Intermediate computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required;
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills is required;
- Minimum of 1-2 years sales and/or related experience preferably including practical knowledge and application of bank policies, procedures, and services is required;
- Ability to meet and/or exceed set sales goals is required; and
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Requirements for performing Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
On the job the employee may physically be required to bend, sit, stand, walk, push/pull, reach above shoulder level, use finger movements, handle objects (manual dexterity), and/or carry/lift loads up to 25lbs. On the job the employee must mentally be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason, and analyze.
West Suburban Bank - 21 months ago