Personal Care Aide Job Openings - Multiple Locations
WILLCARE, a successful regional leader in the home health care industry, currently has job openings for Personal Care Aides in Multiple Branch Locations . We have branch offices in Western NY, Hudson Valley NY, Connecticut, and Ohio. In business for over 25 years, WILLCARE operates Certified/Medicare, Long Term Care, Licensed/Private Duty, as well as non-medical services and supplemental staffing agencies. We provide qualified skilled and non-skilled services focusing on preventative, rehabilitative and therapeutic care to our clients in all applicable settings.
Job Title: Personal Care Aide (PCA)
Job Locations: Buffalo NY, Niagara Falls NY, Jamestown NY, Olean NY, Kingston NY, Middletown NY
Job Department: Paraprofessional
PERSONAL CARE AIDE JOB SUMMARY
Provide personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping and/or shopping and errands to patients in their homes as outlined by the patient’s individual Plan of Care. All care/tasks provided are as authorized by the State as acceptable for the level of care in which the employee is functioning and must be detailed on the patient’s Aide Care Plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PERSONAL CARE AIDE JOB POSITION
- Assist patients with personal care needs such as bathing, elimination needs, transferring, dressing/undressing, and ambulation together with any household task (e.g., making bed, changing linens, laundry, light housekeeping, etc.) essential to the patient’s health in accordance with the patient’s individualized care plan.
- Assists patients with homemaking, including meal planning and preparation. Shops for groceries and essential household or medical supplies.
- Accompanies patient to medical appointments when approved by the Nursing Supervisor.
- Document care daily and submit all required paperwork weekly.
- Report any changes in the patient’s condition or incidents to Nursing Department in a timely manner.
- Performs tasks/skills as outlined on care plan competently
- Notifies Nursing Department when clarification or education of a task is required.
- Submits timecards/activity sheets in a timely manner (i.e. weekly)
- Implements appropriate infection control practices.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent decisions in routine patient care matters.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Successful completion of a Personal Care Aide training program as prescribed by the Regulatory Agencies of the State in which employed, or have successfully passed and equivalency exam and possess written evidence of such completion. Free Aide training is offered in Western NY, Southern Tier NY, and Hudson Valley NY . Training classes may periodically be available in other branch locations. Contact your local branch to find out if classes are available in your area.
- Previous experience in a home environment desired.
- Must be mature, emotionally stable and must display a sympathetic attitude toward providing services for patients at home who have medical problems.