Vermont Teddy Bear Company is in search of a Personalization Supervisor. This position is responsible for day-to-day management of Personalization staff and workflow. It ensures proper training and enforcement of company or departmental procedures and equipment use. It acts as a point of contact for other departments regarding daily orders and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee all functions within Personalization; including order entry, hooping, artwork, embroidery, QC, and special projects
• Ensure all personalized orders are completed on a daily basis and are of the highest quality
• Determine daily labor needs and coordinate staff allocation with DC Supervisor Team
• Understand daily, weekly and monthly projections and how they will impact workflow through Order Personalization.
• Responsible for maintaining Employee Assessment and Annual Review for all direct reports.
• Communicate clearly with both core and seasonal DC staff in regard to expectations, company policies and procedures, and discipline
• Collaborate in the establishment and maintenance of departmental metrics for use in goal setting for individual staff and the DC as a whole
• Able to function as a backup for all departmental duties normally assigned to staff
• Supervise cross training of all DC employees regarding departmental daily operational procedures and system functions
• Responsible for embroidery equipment, including managing regularly scheduled maintenance and ensuring maintenance log books are current
• Responsible for adherence of staff to VTBC’s inventory Control Policies
• Facilitate communication with Fulfillment and Customer Service to assure accuracy and quality of personalized items
• Work with OP&L Manager to monitor and maintain inventory levels of machine parts and necessary supplies
• Duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High school (or equivalent) diploma.
• 3 years experience in a production environment
• Mechanical aptitude and experience with industrial embroidery equipment
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with direct supervision of employees and tasks
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with outside vendors and internal personnel on a daily basis
• Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs repeatedly and overhead
• Must be able to bend, stoop and reach repeatedly
• Must be able to walk long distances and stand for extended periods on a concrete floor