USIS , an Altegrity company, is a leading federal security solution provider that supports National Security initiatives around the globe for over 15 years with more than 6,200 employees working in all 50 states and overseas. We offer state-of-the-art solutions in Construction Surveillance, Intel Analysis, P hysical/Personnel/Facility Security, Investigative Analytics, Security Analytics, Counter-Surveillance, Personal Security, Infrastructure Protection, Litigation Support, Records Management, Cyber/Forensics, Training & Law Enforcement, and Immigration Investigation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personnel Security Specialist, in Atlanta, GA .
The Personnel Security Specialist determines the suitability of individuals for entry and retention in sensitive and non-sensitive positions under 5 Code Federal Regulations 731.
- Assess the loyalty, reliability, suitability and trustworthiness of applicants for Federal contractor positions.
- Reviews, evaluates and adjudicates reports of investigation, personnel files and other records to determine whether to grant, deny, revoke, suspend or restrict building access consistent with suitability guidelines.
- Assists in and initiates background investigations.
- Conducts fingerprinting procedures; initiates contact with personal references, employers of applicants, and appointees for use in pre-employment suitability inquiries.
- Verifies the appropriate level of background investigation being requested, and ensures all documents required for suitability processing have been completed and included in the individual files.
- Receives telephone calls and greets visitors to the office.
- Prepares, submits, monitors, and updates computer tracking systems concerning appropriate case material.
- Serves as a source of reference and guidance for staff members regarding the monitoring and maintenance of case-material.
- Position hours are from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- United States Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of relevant experience or;
- Associate’s Degree and two years of relevant experience, one of which should be experience relevant to the nature of the contract work or;
- HS Diploma and four years of relevant experience, two of which should be experience relevant to the nature of the contract work. Relevant experience may include, but is not limited to: Experience within one or more of the standard security and/or intelligence fields e.g.; technical, physical, information, personnel, operational, or signal security, counterintelligence, antiterrorism, counterterrorism, counter drug, computer security, surveillance, counter surveillance or surveillance detection, infrastructure protection; force protection, technology protection, information operations, industrial security and/or intelligence programs, law enforcement, government or military experience.
- Five years of general experience of which at least three years consisting of specialized experience in Personnel Security.
- Familiarity with e-QIP, PIPS/JPAS, NCIC/NLETS and OPM Investigative products.
- Experience in the application of 5CFR731 suitability guidelines.
- Ability to obtain and or maintain a government issued suitability investigation.
- Excellent reading comprehension, writing and communication skills
- Experience in responding to requests for information and searching automated systems for data
- Ability to apply highly technical knowledge in solving complex problems and applies law, regulation, policy and procedures to the personnel security program.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs
*Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening required. All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. No faxes please. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
USIS, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
It doesn't take a great detective to determine that Altegrity is a leader in security services. The holding company owns Kroll, Kroll...