Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Serve as liaison with contracted pest control providers and PETCO field staff to assure all stores are complying with housekeeping standards and services to keep our stores pest free and our pets safe.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities
ith or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Daily address calls and emails from stores and service providers to answer urgent issues and compliance concerns. Interact daily with store managers, district managers and leadership on issues related to pest control issues.
- Daily oversee services provided by pest control service providers to insure all issues at the stores are resolved within a 24hr timeframe.
- Develop metrics to track pest control service provider’s performance and recommend corrective action. Track trends and service compliance with PETCO Pest Control program.
- Identify the proper path for resolving Pest Control issues. Determine if this issue requires maintenance department notification and involvement and/or if the issue is sensitive and must be escalated to management or if Risk Management or Animal Care staff need to be involved.
- Coordinate with facilities or store maintenance on any repairs required to maintain compliance of PETCO Pest Control program.
- Meet quarterly with pest control service providers to evaluate performance and address any areas of risk.
The person will report cross-functionally to various areas of the business, including but not limited to operations, maintenance, supply chain, safety and internal regulatory compliance.
The duties of this position may be performed in an office environment or in a store environment in which there is constant exposure to heat, cold, dirt, dust, fumes and/or noise. Work duties are may be performed in locations where the risk of minor injury should not be overlooked as a result of warehouse conditions.
Education and Experience:
The minimum educational background is a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED). Minimum of two years managing pest control service providers. In depth knowledge of and experience with contract management, regulatory food safety standards, food grade pest control standards and products/techniques used by pest control service providers. Basic math proficiency and a working knowledge of computer fundamentals, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be detailed and action oriented and able to apply good judgment for determining proper escalation of important store issues.
Petco - 16 months ago
PETCO Animal Supplies is a holding company for PETCO Animal Supplies Stores, the second-largest US retailer of specialty pet supplies...