This position of Petroleum Geochemist is a member of the Geoscience Technology group located in The Woodlands, Texas. The incumbent will work with a small group of geochemists to provide operational and interpretive support in the area of Petroleum Geochemistry for exploration and development projects in conventional and unconventional reservoir systems.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years (more preferred) applying geochemistry to petroleum exploration, development, and production problems.
- Deep understanding of source rock analysis and maturity measures.
- Experience in reservoir geochemistry, including show detection and evaluation, advanced mud gas techniques, hydrocarbon alteration, reservoir continuity/compartmentalization, and production monitoring.
- Experience in the organic and inorganic geochemistry of unconventional resources, including shale gas, shale oil, and coal bed methane.
- Laboratory experience with analytical instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor staff.
- Exemplary teamwork and people skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Provide technical support, advice, and guidance for exploration, development, and production projects.
- Offer geochemical insights into field development, reservoir connectivity, and prospect generation.
- Evaluate source rock with TOC, Rock-Eval, PGC, Vitrinite reflectance, and other appropriate techniques.
- Perform oil-oil and oil-source correlation and crude oil inversion using saturate and aromatic biomarkers and stable isotopes.
- Support basin modeling efforts by providing guidance on source rock characteristics and appropriate kinetic parameters.
- Recommend geochemical sampling programs, consult on sampling methods, and oversee sample handling for geochemical projects.
- Recommend analytical programs, interact with contract labs, oversee their work, and monitor their performance.
- Represent Anadarko’s interests to partners, governments, joint industry projects, and consortia.
- Teach, mentor, and coach staff on geochemical concepts.
M.S. in Geology or Geochemistry, Ph.D. preferred.
This position is eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...