ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company has an immediate opening for a Petroleum Geochemist at its Upstream Research Laboratory located in Houston, Texas.
The succesful candidate will conduct research and research applications in organic geochemistry. Our investigations focus on developing broad understanding and predictive models of geological processes involved in hydrocarbon systems ranging from deposition and evolution of source rocks, generation, expulsion and retention of oil and gas, and migration, accumulation, and alteration of hydrocarbons. Our research goals are tied to addressing both immediate concerns and emerging trends in exploration, development, and production.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• A Ph.D. in petroleum geochemistry, analytical chemistry, organic geochemistry or related field.
• Experience in one or more areas pertinent to petroleum geochemistry including but not limited to molecular geochemistry, stable isotope geochemistry, fluid inclusion analysis, and/or organic petrography.
• Experience in one or more analytical techniques including but not limited to chromatography, mass spectrometry, isotopic analysis, solid-state characterization, and/or organic petrography.
• Creative, adept at team work, and able to drive projects to completion.
• Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
• Industry or post-graduate experience in petroleum geochemistry and/or experience in integrated hydrocarbon systems analysis including basin modeling would be a plus.
The candidate filling this position will be expected to immediately contribute to on-going projects as well as formulate and direct future endeavors. Collaboration is required with corporation geoscientists and engineers with a broad range of disciplines, including organic geochemistry, stratigraphy, structural and regional geology, hydrocarbon-system integration, analytical chemistry, reservoir engineering, and production engineering.
Exxon Mobil - 2 years ago
It's not necessarily the oil standard, but Exxon Mobil is the world's largest integrated oil company (ahead of Royal Dutch Shell and BP)....