Primary Objective: Provides open-hole and cased-hole log expertise, support ongoing reservoir studies, and petrophysical analysis across the EXCO portfolio.
Major Functions and Scope:
Education and Knowledge: Master’s degree in geology, engineering or equivalent work experience. Must have knowledge of Petrolog, PowerLog, Petra, Petrel, and/or TechLog. Experience with SpotFire or other statistical analysis software.
- Open-hole logging program design, log quality control and analysis for operated and non-operated projects.
- Design whole-core programs and analysis with input from geologists and engineers
- Open-hole logging operations coordination and troubleshooting.
- Calibration and correction of log data to cores and cuttings.
- Responsible for PPDM log quality and data management.
- Supports and provides petrophysical analysis to aid in decisions for completion and behind pipe intervals.
- Provides petrophysical analysis and reservoir modeling input for reservoir characterization.
- Determine net pay summary and petrophysical parameters from exploration, appraisal, and development wells for input to reservoir engineering models.
- Develop OOIP and OGIP data to support reserve mapping
- Performs other related duties and/or special projects as required.
Experience: 5-10 years’ experience with open-hole log interpretation and petrophysical analysis, with a minimum of 2 years unconventional and 2 years conventional experience. Competence in fracture analyses, pressure prediction, sequence stratigraphy, and geomechanical log analyses would be advantageous.
Competencies: Petrophysical expertise in clastic, carbonates, and mixed lithology reservoirs and formations. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Software applications together with specialized petrophysical software. Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and organizational skills. Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled professionals and to communicate clearly and effectively. Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and complete projects in a timely and accurate manner. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
EXCO Resources, Inc. (EXCO) is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the acquisition, development and exploitation of...